The real problem with the Sombra LoS change

It breaks way too easily, I still get plenty of hacks in a match, but it lacks reliably to do anything with it other than just hack people who are wide open. If I pivot too soon after starting to hack someone I break my own hack. If someone steps in front of me, it breaks my hack. If im backing up, it breaks my hack. If the target steps away at max range it can break my hack. The LoS nerf is effectively a range nerf on hack.

If you started a hack before, there was a point of no return. where you could start setting up your NEXT move at the end of the hack. Now, you have to track the target the entire time.

I’m fine with my opponent having counterplay against Sombra’s hack, but this LoS nerf isn’t doing that. Most of the breaks are on the Sombra’s side. You aren’t giving the enemy the opportunity to counter me, you’re just making the character less fluid and raising the skillfloor of an already difficult hero.

Once you ‘lock’ in a target as Sombra, you should be free to move your reticle. Having to track a skill with an interruptible cast time is dumb.

1 Like