The REAL nerf nobody realises

So here is the scenario:

• You are in the practice range
  • You want your ult

Ok so that’s the scenario. Now this is what you do currently for the best results:

1. Change the practice dummy to Roadhog
  2. Shoot

Now why Roadhog? It’s because he has 600HP and none of it is armour. After this change, you’ll get 25% less ult charge from him. So only 450 instead of 600. So who do we shoot?

Here are the contenders:

• The tanks.

Who is the best tank though and can they live up to Roadhog?
Here are their HP Values.
D.Va: 300HP 300 Armour + 150HP baby D.Va
Orisa: 200HP 250 Armour
Reinhardt: 300HP 200 Armour
Roadhog: 600HP (450 ult charge)
Sigma: 300HP 100 Shields
Winston: 350HP 150 Armour
Wreckingball 500HP 100 Armour
Zarya: 200HP 200 Shields

So, our issues lie in that a 600HP hero would give the most ult charge. But all other 600HP heroes have Armour.
Wreckingball has the least armour but upon respawn will lose his head hitbox making him the slowest to kill in subsequent murders.
D.Va the other 600HP contender, takes the longest to kill due to her ejection animation.

So 600HP heroes are out of the question… (Unless you have a boop or can’t headshot then Hammond is the fastest.)

Rein and Winston have decent HP pools, but are they worth 100 more ult charge when you could be firing at Zarya or Sigma? it’s a very big dilemma!

Who will be our ult battery in the practice range now? WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE PRACTICE RANGE?! HOW WILL WE PRACTICE OUR ULTS ON THE BOTS IF WE CANT BUILD THEM WITH SPEED?!

1 Like

They could just… UPDATE THE PRACTICE RANGE?
CRAZY IDEA RIGHT? QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
I mention a bunch of this on my megathread if you wanna check 'em out and leave your opinion:

Unplayable.

(if this is serious try custom code AJERA).

2 Likes

I dunno why this isn’t being made more known. Who cares about the other nerfs/buffs?

1 Like

But now when I hop in to the practice range randomly without setting up a custom game it’s slightly harder and slightly more inconvenient :frowning:

And there’s lots of workshop ones I know!
But it is funny that this change indirectly makes the practice range worse lmao.

The devs even acknowledged it way back last year in an Echo livestream funnily enough that they forget that we don’t have the tools they do to just press a button and get the ult.

I suppose I just click the heads of the countless bots in there to get fast ult charge.

If you spent 600dmg on roadhog to build ult charge you could put zarya instead of roadhog and kill the 2 bots on the other side. Would mean that you could shoot zarya again most of the time. The range between the zarya and bots it’s about 10 meters either way.

That also would help you to pratice in different size hitboxes, like any other 200hp hero or above.

I really don’t see a problem with the value if you don’t use tracer or widow as replacement to him. Unless you effectively deal more than 250 per shot. With orisa I could keep killing a bit faster against tracer but against zarya I always had a target except when I ulted, but for the purpose of generate ult wouldn’t matter much in that case.