The problem with mass Rez and the solution

Most of you remember mass Rez and the only way you could stop it is keeping mercy out of the fight as long as possible, or you would have to go find the hiding Mercy. Like during overtime and your team won the fight, but then they realize that they forgot to find Mercy and she comes and Rez her team. I believe that Rez behind a wall was a problem too.

Every since Mercy got invincibility when she wants to use Rez, IMO Rez became a no risk/high reward ult. Anyway, I think mass Rez can be balance and not make Mercy so frustrating to play against with these 3 changes.

The solution:
Rez behind walls is removed
No invincibility
Give it a cast time (1.45s)

I think that this could make mass Rez balanced and not feel bad to play against. To me, it should’ve been a high risk/high reward ult in the first place.

Now I would like to know what you think. Is it a good change or a bad change?

7 Likes

Good, but there will be people below that will insist that mass res is bad.

6 Likes

Mass rez was when mercy was actually fun to play in my opinion. I dont think a cast time is a good call in my opinion. I think they should increase the ult charge needed for a rez though. It should be the longest ultimate to gain passively imo (currently I think its Lucio). An ability to potentially bring a team back from the dead shouldnt be available every single fight. One problem with mass rez is that it was so constant. But thats just my two cents. I have some decent time on Mercy but I wouldnt say that I main her. I only pick her when no one else picks supports in comp.

1 Like

Everything i have been suggesting for the past week. THANK YOU.

3 Likes

I agree that a LOS check was needed. However, not having invincibility proved to be bad for Mercy. A cast time would compound the effect.

The issue was really a “get good” issue. Mass Rez was countered by good ult economy, and that’s not someting people could handle.

2 Likes

No invulnerability and a cast time? Seems counter active to me. How long would the cast time be?

1 Like

Guess around Lucio’s ultimate.

1 Like

Even with invuln mass rez, mercy still wasnt that great at the time, at high ranks anyways. WIth those big nerfs to mass rez in place, she would be pretty awful. Assuming we are talking about a revert + those changes, not about also adding another ability etc. But I would like those changes, mainly because mercy would instantly be a bad choice, and we could be free from the 10.5 month mercy meta.

1.45 seconds

I like that I think that’s more than reasonable.

2 Likes

because it is…
it lets one of the easiest heroes to play in the entire game, who happens to not only have high mobility but also self healing turn the entire tide of an entire match. All for fluttering out of spawn and tapping Q, bailing her team out from a lost team fight. Unlike say say Zen who can help win a team fight with good timing, in the case of Huge Rez the Mercy and her team already failed on some level.

It cheapens most if not all of the tactics needed to win team fights, push vs counter push etc and turns it into “Oh whatever, just reset”. It was ok early on the games life span as people were not very good about understanding ULT econ, how to use an ULT where/when vs just throwing them around randomly etc etc etc…

It doesn’t really have a place in the current game style anymore. I highly doubt it’s every going to come back. An entire round of OWL or maybe even a play off lost due to a Huge Rez ULT? How empty would that be? I really don’t see anyway it’s coming back.

Player need to move on and stop this never ending whine-fest pity party that they can’t play a hero like they could 2 years ago. Yeah, it’s happened to a lot of us but it’s pretty much just Mercy players who just will not let it go. Rest of us either adapt or maybe stop playing for a while but they don’t just whine about it none stop.

1 Like

Thank you, and I will put it in the op

2 Likes

Mass Rez should not return.

Also, Mercy will turn from the dominant support to the weakest one. She will just be bad and other changes should come for her to be balanced.

Invulnerability would come again and we will get the same result step by step.

“Mass rez should not return” Why?

“Mercy will turn to the weakest one” So? She would be fun again and if she’s weak, it’s easier to fix.

“Invul would come again” Why? What would ever make you think that. If the devs take criticism and advice, they can find many ideas to balance her without invul. An E ability that isn’t blatantly OP, damage reduction instead of invul, so many ideas that other Mercy mains have thought of.

So everything people want xd

2 Likes

Before she wasn’t bad… She seemed bad because Ana was way better than her.

You don’t have to bring invulnerability back to bring back mass Resurrect.

2 Likes

I want to respond to all at the same time.

Mass rez should not return because, even with the proposed changes, the habit of hide n rezz will not dissapear. Control Points are open-wide areas and that’s were most of the battle takes place anyway. It will not resolve the problem that started the mercy Rework.

She will be just bad. After Ana was nerfed, the supports used in Dive were Zen and Lucio. Mercy replaced Lucio after she got reworked because of how OP she was.

Mercy was bad. Nerfing her would make her even worse.

I say Inv will come again because it was added as a balance change to her ult. It was not good enough. You don’t have to, but other balance changes should happen because she will be too weak. Inv seems to be the change that her ult should come with to be somewhat balanced.

So in short, Mass Rez should not come back, even with the proposed changes, because it will not resolve the main reason she was reworked and also it will bring other balance issues with her that will take eons to be addressed given the rate at which balance updates happens.

It was a bad strategy and was mostly used because the previous SR system rewarded players for hiding. Furthermore, a cast time and LoS fix would make “Hide n Res” less prevalent in games as it would deter players from letting their team die as ressing by yourself would be extremely risky with a cast time.

Titanium explains why “Hide n Res” is bad if you’re wondering:

1 Like

Would be easier to fix these balance issues than fixing current Mercy. Old Mercy had issues but current Mercy’s issues are countless.

1 Like

So… without inv she was dying too often, but with it - she could survive too much xd

And E-res didn’t solve this as well, only encouraged to play it extremely safe.

I think mass res with changes could work. It would have everything what was missing before (LoS, cast time) and with current changes to the ultimate, bad placed res would result in losing it.

And this was about what people were complaining most - not being able to counter the mass res during the fact.

1 Like