The Patch Notes Needed to Stabilize Overwatch

Hello!

(( NOTE: I MADE CHANGES TO THIS LIST ACCORDING TO FEEDBACK FROM THE FORUMS ))

If you have any suggestions please feel free to add them :blush:

I’m making this post because I’ve seen a few others post their patch notes and I wanted to give my take on what would be great to address damage and healing creep.

Let’s Start with Tanks!

I wanna preface this by stating Tank is my least played role so please take these changes with a grain of salt as they are just a regurgitation of what I’ve seen other tank players requesting!

Reinhardt

Hammer Swing: Dmg 85–>75
Shield: 1600 HP–> 2000 HP
Earthshatter: Stun time 2.5 seconds --> 3.0 Seconds

Orisa

Health: 450 --> 400
Fusion Driver: Projectile Speed 120 --> 90 / Move-speed Penalty while Firing 30% --> 40%
Protective Barrier: 600 HP --> 800 HP

Sigma

Experimental Barrier: 700 HP --> 900 HP / Cooldown - 2.5sec CD --> 2.0 sec CD
Accretion: DMG - 70 --> 35 DMG
Kinetic Grasp: Shield %DMG Conversion Rate 60%–> 50%

Wrecking Ball

Grappling Claw: Grapple Claw now breaks after 2.5 seconds of consecutive use
Adaptive Shields: 100 + 75 shields per enemy hero --> 100 + 100 shields per enemy hero

Those are my ideas for tank changes. They are geared towards lowering their overall DPS output while increasing their tanking abilities / shields. While I am buffing shields here, those shield tanks are also facing massive damage nerfs which were never given as an alternative to nerfing their shields. In my opinion, shields were not a problem until Orisa/Sigma were abused in combination together due to Sigma’s egregious amount of damage and Orisa’s buff to her movement speed penalty while firing.

Here are my ideas for Damage Hero Changes!

Ashe

Ashe no longer gains ultimate charge while B.O.B is deployed.
Coach Gun: No Longer does DMG to Enemies
Ultimate Cost: Reduced by 10%

Bastion

Please rework this poor guy. Personally, I think he’s rather underrated but he is in dire need of a complete overhaul as he is a hero that only provides damage while being stuck in a stagnant position. Perhaps give him an E ability that gives him utility or rework his entire kit Idk.

Doomfist

I know absolutely nothing about this hero and loathe him BUT he needs severe changes but I’m not quite sure what exactly those changes would be.

Echo

Sticky Bombs: CD 6 seconds --> 8 Seconds
Focusing Beam: CD 8 seconds --> 10 Seconds

Genji

Genji is also in need of dire changes, however, I really do not know what to change about him so i’m open to suggestions!

Hanzo

Storm Arrow Fire Rate: 1 shot per 0.25 seconds --> 1 shot per 0.3 seconds
Dragon
Ultimate Charge Cost: Reduced by 10%

Mei

Mei can now be healed while in Ice Block.

Pharah

Health: 200 HP --> 175 HP + 25 armor
Hover Jets: Deacceleration while in air no longer costs fuel
Barrage: Duration - 2.5 Seconds --> 3 Seconds / Pharah can now manually cancel Barrage.

Reaper

Hellfire Shotguns: Spread reduced by 10%
Passive: The Reapening - In addition to granting Reaper 30% Lifesteal, killing enemies drops health orbs that Reaper can pick up.

Soldier: 76

Helix Rockets CD: 6 Seconds --> 8 seconds
Biotic Field Range: 4.5M --> 5.5 M
Tactical Visor: Helix Rockets now lock-on to selected target.

Sombra

NEW: Killing Enemies affected by Hack or EMP Refunds the Cooldown of Translocator and Stealth
Hack: Enemies affected by hack take 10% increased damage from Sombra

Symmetra

Health: 175 HP + 50 Shields --> 125 HP + 125 Shield
Photon Projector: 60/120/180 --> 80/120/160 / Beam Range 12m --> 15m / Beam Level-up time: 1.33 seconds --> 2 seconds from Beam Level 1 -> 2 & 1.33 seconds from Beam Level 2 -> 3
Photon Barrier 4000 HP --> 3000 HP / Duration 12 sec --> 15 sec

Tracer

Weapon DMG Fall-off 13m --> 10m

Widowmaker

Health - 175 HP --> 200 HP
Total Ammo Mag Count: 35 --> 25
RMB - (Widow’s Kiss Scope) - Widowmaker can now only see within the vision of her Scope while scoped into her Rifle. (Meaning when Scoped in you cannot see your surroundings like you currently can)
Grapplehook - Maximum Range - 20 m --> 15 m
Venom Mine - CD 15 sec --> 10 sec / Maximum Charge 1 --> 2 / Maximum Amount of Mines allowed on Map at a time 1 --> 2

This was a … lot so I apologize for how convoluted this all was but my intended changes for all of these heroes was to either buff those who are struggling, nerf those who are affected by powercreep, and shift the power of certain heroes to make them less annoying to fight.

Now, Let’s get to support, the role that I main :slight_smile: (hehehehe)

Ana

I actually find Ana to be pretty balanced and not in need of many changes. Sure, her nade is incredibly powerful but I don’t think that it’s a problem as there are plenty of abilities that counter it completely.

Baptiste

Exo-Boots: Charge time --> Max time to full charge - 0.7 sec --> 1.2 seconds / Height of maximum jump - 9.1 M --> 8.5 M
Biotic Launcher: Ammo count - 45 Bullets --> 25 Bullets / 10 healing nades --> 7 healing nades.
Immortality Field: Duration 5 seconds --> 8 seconds / Health 150 --> 100 / Can now be absorbed by defense matrix and Kinetic Grasp / Cooldown 25 seconds --> 30 seconds after ability is depleted or destroyed.
Ultimate cost: Decreased by 10%

Brigitte

Health Pool: 150 HP + 50 Armor --> 200 HP + 50 armor
Inspire: Healing - 15 per second --> 25 per second / Cooldown 1 second --> 5 seconds --> Duration 6 seconds --> 3 seconds. Cooldown for passive begins after duration finishes / Radius - 20 m --> 15 M
Repair Pack: 3 Charges --> 2 Charges / Range 30 M --> 15 M / Healing - 110 over 2 seconds --> 25 health + 50 armor upon contact with ally. If ally is at full health, grants 50 armor for 2.5 seconds. Armor packs do not stack.
Whip shot: Damage - 70 --> 50 / If the Whip shot misses, takes 0.3 seconds to retract --> If the whip shop misses, takes 0.75 seconds to retract.
Shield bash - Damage - 5 --> 25 / Stun duration 0.75 seconds --> 0.5 seconds.

Lucio

Cross-fade: Range 12m --> 20m
Amp-it Up!: Range (Same as Crossfade) --> 12m
Ultimate cost: Reduced by 10%

Mercy

No changes. I actually believe Mercy is like Ana is completely balanced. While Ana is pretty bad in this meta, I only believe that is because the current meta favors mid-range damage spam (meaning Mercy can benefit those Heroes greatly)

Moira

Biotic Orb - Damage - 50 DPS Up to 200 DPS --> 30 DPS up to 200 damage / Purple Orb now inflicts a 50% healing reduction while the enemy hero is taking damage + 2 seconds afterwards. Enemy heroes can only be effected by this once per orb.

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord - 30% DMG increase --> 25% DMG increase

These support changes help shift power from certain heroes and completely negate certain comps from being run. For example, with these changes, Mercy Zen / Brig Zen become comps that are much harder to run as they lack strong healers. The Brig changes completely shifts her power into a more armor providing off-support instead of being a main-healer/dps dealer/tank. The Bap Changes rebalance him as well by limiting his overall output and allowing for more counterplay towards his immofield.

Alright well this was an incredibly long post but I feel like these changes will help rebalance and stabilize a lot of these heroes and make the game feel less explosive and extremely chaotic. Please feel free to tell me how you feel about certain changes as I’d love to see how y’all feel about my changes :blush:

And you made her a throw pic. No

5 Likes

Actually a big nerf imo.

3 Likes

Genji’s issue is his lethality, your changes would make him super annoying to play against but much worse.

She was bad at launch with 50 hps.

8 Likes

Stopped reading after the ball changes, it’s like you’re balancing him for gold rank.

2 Likes

I like the Sombra changes

Wouldnt do 8 second blade.

Blades time limit of 6 seconds is a good part of what makes it so skillful, it has just enough time to wipe a team if you’re good, but its very strict when you miss.

It makes Genji easier, as does the armor change.

We want buffs that affect mostly higher skilled players.

1 Like

Doom just needs uppercut revert and bugs fixed (not his techs, his bugs) and I would say that Dva and Winston need buffs to compete with buffed Orisa and Sigma. However, I did like how you nerfed double barriers close range weaknesses.

2 Likes

lol what is this suggestion

1 Like

Bad players can’t aim at predictable targets and make balance suggestions accordingly.

It’s like nerfing how long bastion can stay in turret because they don’t like using flank routes.

4 Likes

bruh its not like youre being asked to solve the distance the ball travels in radians in real time its literally a circle

I actually disagree with this. It makes her an off support but I can understand the why you think this. And it was just an idea. 55 hps is pretty balanced after all.

She had 50 hps and was a throw pick before. Mercy with 50 hps has never worked

2 Likes

I just think its a problematic feature in the game. Lowering his overall damage output is really what I was trying to accomplish since he does a lot of dmg for a tank.

He does a lot of dmg because he has NO peel. He has no defensive abilities whatsoever, so he needs to be a threat. Those changes would definitely kill Ball.

So right here, you’ve re-enabling Double-barrier to be the dominant meta again.

This doesn’t really do anything with Wrecking Ball’s ability to escape and avoid punishment for high-risk situations.

Not sure why you’d increase the cooldown on Coach Gun if it’s not going to do any damage anymore. Doesn’t even cover as much space as Grappling Hook.

Blizzard seems unwilling to powershift some of his Sentry firepower and resilience to his Recon Mode. That’s largely up to them.

So these are now less effective than Helix Rocket and Swiftstrike.

This is ripe for abuse. If Echo can become an enemy member of the team indefinitely, they also can’t switch out indefinitely. So, as Echo, I can just hide away and avoid engagements and troll and grief one member of the enemy team all game.

That alone should give you pause.

So can you explain why Hanzo’s 125 damage arrows, Pharah’s 120 damage rockets, Junkrat’s 120 damage frag grenades, Symmetra’s 120 damage orbs, Widowmakers 120 damage bodyshots, and Reaper’s Death Blossom can all benefit from damage boosts, but Genji cannot? Why are they special snowflakes that are deserving damage boosts for regular fire, but Genji’s sword ultimate is not?

Okay.

Cryo-freeze already heals her, this is redudant.

Already lasts 3 seconds. In 1 second, Pharah does 1000 damage; and can now cancel the duration and save herself after causing 1000 damage.

Can’t have both. Either Lifesteal or Orbs.

I guess Helix Rocket will remain forever inferior to 6-second Firestrikes.

Aren’t the cooldowns for Stealth and Translocator only 6 seconds?

So combined damage of Symmetra is 40x3 + 80 = 200 damage per second. So more than half the cast is dead in 1 second without a chance to escape. By level 3, 280 damage per second is a better “Tank buster” on regular fire than Echo’s Focusing Beam, on top of a 60% slowing effect.

So Tracer’s risk has been increased.

With that 15 meter limit on Grappling Hook, Widowmaker is limited on where she can perch now and which perches she can normally reach.

Are other devices going to be vulnerable to Kinetic Grasp and Defense Matrix? If not, there’s no reason why Immortality Field has to be. Likewise the duration is just fine.

I’m not sure you’re aware, but 25 bullets divided by 3 is not equal.

Amplification Matrix is pretty cheap already.

Yeah, this will enable Double-barrier to be even more successful and dominant.

Amp and Crossfade always had the same range, this is redundant.

500% increase in healing output is now even cheaper.

It’s not 200 damage per second, it just carries 200 damage. If it were 200 damage per second, you’d kill over half the roster with less effort than Soldier in Tactical Visor.

Okay, but you’ve done nothing to address the concerns of damage-boost stacking.

Originally it was 8 seconds. It was considered overpowering then.

No, Wrecking Ball doesn’t do a lot of damage for a Tank.

The high damaging Tanks are Sigma. D.va, Orisa, and Roadhog. Wrecking Ball sits near the bottom with Reinhardt.

This is false. Adaptive Shield, Ball Form hides critical hit box, he’s the fastest character in the game. There’s not one hero who can catch him.

Defensive for the team. Like trust me, I play a lot of ball. You have to be constantly disrupting, and be a threat, because if you’re not your team will die. You don’t have a DM, or bubbles, or a shield. You can keep yourself alive, and that doesn’t help your team at all unless you’re in the enemy team, making their lives hell.

Okay, that’s fair. I thought you meant defensive utility he already has for himself.

I know, and thats part of why I don’t want it.

It felt like Blade was out for too long and that you could kill a ton of people and have time to spare.

Blades time limit of 6 is perfect imo, high potential but very easy to screw up.

Mei used to be able to get healed while in Cryo but it was removed. It actually helped a lot.

Mercy would be losing healing meaning she would be gaining less ult charge which is why I suggested decreasing the ult cost.

Wrecking Ball does a lot of damage idk what youre talking about.

For Lucio, if you actually looked at my change, His regular healing/movespeed would have increased range but his Amp it up would be 12m as 20m would be insane.

Double barrier would not be as strong due to sigma and orisas weaker dualing powers.

For Bap, you are correct the math was off on my part it should be 24. I decreased the ult requirement because he would have less ammo and healing meaning he would be doing less.

For Widow, I understand the nerf to her hook as I find it to be a bit strong for a sniper.

I have no idea where you got the math for Symmetra. Her final Beam damage at level three would be 160 not 280??

Helix rockets do 20 more dmg than firestrikes and travel much faster so no they are not inferior.

Pharahs ult actually lasts 2.5 seconds it was changed a few patches ago. By being able to cancel the ability it makes her ult much better than it is.

The reason I made the change for Genjis ultimate is because I find it much harder to balance Genji with his ultimate when he can be nano-boosted.

With Echo, you are correct I forgot Echo blocks hero changing. They could simply remove that.

Ashe does everything very well so the nerfs are simply for balancing purposes.

The point of the changes were not to nerf Balls ability to escape but rather his damage.

I actually dont agree with a single thing you said so … congratulations for that I guess lol