The patch makes the game more fun and that is what matters

I like when changes are made that make the game more fun and this was definitely one of them.

Reinhardt: I love being able to destroy anyone who I manage to strike with the hammer, this should’ve been in the game from the start!!

Hammond: One of the most annoying things about Hammond is stalling, and this change is a godsend.

Hanzo: I have to admit that adding a bit more depth to storm arrows is fun, it gives the hero more potential.

McCree: He definitely needs some help and the air roll opens up more possibilities for him.

Torbjorn: I’ve always loved fighting in close range with Torb so being able to use his right click more is great.

Moira: Fantastic addition. It’s super fun having the extra mobility and playing with it.

This is a step in the right direction and I hope you devs don’t listen to the haters, they will complain no matter what you do, so keep making the game more fun, because that is what is most important.

25 Likes

Fun for who? The people who already pick meta heroes?

58 Likes

For everyone. It makes the game experience better.

7 Likes

Reinhardt: Currently bugged to go through shield

Wrecking Ball: unironically simplifies all the high skill moves the hero has to deal with the 1 low skill one

Hanzo: Buff to an already meta DPS

Mcree: Buff to an already meta DPS

Torb: Good change

Moira: Good change

45 Likes

This was fixed.

I dont know what you mean by this.

The meta is irrelevant, it always changes. Making the heroes and the game more fun is what matters.

4 Likes

No it wasn’t. Rein can currently shatter other Reinhardt’s through shield.

26 Likes

I thought you meant Hanzo’s bug. I haven’t seen what you mention but I’m sure they will fix it.

1 Like

This patch is fun for Moira mains and that’s about it… seriously though the rest of these changes are harmful to both the game and the tank role

15 Likes

Nah.

Fun for a small handful of players but we’re used to that by now.

15 Likes

often times whats “fun” for one is exactly whats “unfun” for others…

im sure for example that mass rez was a lot of fun for mercy players…not so much for everyone else…

you want to make changes because theyre warranted…not because theyre simply “fun”…and in that regard i think this patch misses the mark…especially when it comes to hanzo and cassidy…

“fun” gets really tiring if it isnt balanced…especially in a competitive environment

9 Likes

I disagree, I don’t see any way that it is harmful to either the game or tanks. Would you care to elaborate?

1 Like

It would be okay if it wouldn’t be the longest running meta in the game DPS-wise

And for reals, nothing should be meta

I would like to share my thread here. Its kind of the opposite to this just to show the other side of the coin.

Perhaps but that is a subjective matter, we can’t control that. I guess it will depend on how many people find it better or worse, and only Blizzard can know that. If the changes stay then that means they were well received.

This is a matter of opinion. I’d say that most of those changes were warranted.

This is also subjective, there is no such thing as balance. And there will always be people complaining about something, no matter what the devs do, it’s been that way since the beginning and will continue to be that way always.

There will always be a meta, that is unavoidable. Even if some characters are just lets say 1% better than others, then those are going to be meta.

That’s ok, I respect your opinion but don’t share it.

3 Likes

Not anymore. It’s been the same for months now and many people are incredibly sick of it.

8 Likes

hehe this thread is gonna be fun. ill admit i dont really care either too much since yea i have my own bias.

moira a hero i play got a small buff so im ok with that. everything else is meh or im nuetral about since i dont play the other heroes much except rein when i get priority passes. ill probably retire d.va for a while and just play rein for quick play PP’s

You are describing every single meta that has existed in the history of OW.

So do you think we should just stay in this meta for the next 10 years because there will “always be a meta”? Is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

It will change, it always has and it always will.

2 Likes

No it won’t without balance changes. If you think rush for example is going to magically become meta with 0 changes you are out of your mind. The meta changes as a result of BALANCE CHANGES.

Why do you think people (Higher ranked players who understand the meta) have been picking the exact same things for 8 or so months?

5 Likes

please do tell what “highskill” move has been simplified by adding a timer to the ability?

1 Like