The OW2 Rio mission cinematic felt too short

I have no desire to sit thru 5 minutes of cinematics every time somebody in the group doesn’t hit skip. As much as I love Blizz cinematics I don’t want ones in game where my team mates dictate how long it takes to actually play the game.

5 Likes

It’s not 1999 mate, stories in video games are told during or through gameplay.

Cinematics are used for cover when you are loading a new level and leaving the old one - usually a visual for character leaving one place and going to another with “story” reasons.

You can have a long ending, sure, but intro? In an online game where PVE is sold based on replayability? Naaaah, forget about it

2 Likes

Genji (Deep voice): “The constant struggle between man and machine is pointless. Why must senseless blood and oil pave our streets? Our petty war only serves to mask the villainy of Talon, who seeks to destroy all.”

Winston: “Excuse me?”

Genji (Normal voice): “MADA MADA! I need healing!”

Winston: “That’s what I thought.”

9 Likes

Only OW2 owners will get the skin redesigns by the way, just letting you know

1 Like

no, i am talking about the cosmetic items for the new heroes, sojourn eco etc etc

1 Like

Both the introduction and outro that we showed at Blizzcon were not the final pieces. The planned introduction is a little bit longer. The planned outro (which is still in development and we were reviewing yesterday) is much longer and not intended to be a cliff hanger. Spoiler alert: Lucio doesn’t die. For Blizzcon, we could only final so many shots… so we did an abbreviated cliffhanger for the demo. The final piece is much longer and shows Lucio’s rescue as well as “more awesome story stuff” that sets up the next mission.

We appreciate the feedback and glad you’re asking for more and not less ;]

152 Likes

Glad to hear from Jeff himself. Keep up the amazing work, Blizzard, I’m loving the looks of Overwatch 2!

10 Likes

And here I thought lucio was dead :pensive: don’t scare me like this

1 Like

We appreciate your communication and are glad you give us more ;]

17 Likes

PAPA JEFF!

(also now this thread might blow up because of the ‘blizz’ icon next to it)

3 Likes

My only issue with all Blizzcon trailers is they are only in 1080p…

Are we in 2020 or still in 2008?

Jeff Kaplan!!! Thank you so so much for replying!!! I feel soooo honored!!! :DD

1 Like

Jeff, will every mission in Overwatch 2 have an intro and outro?

6 Likes

Quick shout out to the devs, we know you catch a lottttt of hate whenever you visit the forums, we appreciate you continuing to venture into the proverbial lions den.

With that said we really appreciate whenever a dev comes on here or through other mediums to interact with the community and I hope to see it more.

On a personal request note If you could hint at when the next dev update will be I’d be eternally grateful!

2 Likes

I know it’s a shot in the dark but are you planning to wait on Pharah changes until Overwatch 2 or something, she’s the abandoned neglected orphan child of your game for so long now :pleading_face:

1 Like

Wow ok that was a super uncalled for spoiler :sob:

9 Likes

Yes, Jeff confirmed that at Blizzcon: Overwatch what’s next? panel

3 Likes

Happy frog noises :frog:

13 Likes

I always assumed it wasn’t the final rendition, and that having too long of a cinematic (Depending on how many missions there were) would make it a little long to have to sit through.

I’m super happy with it either way as I always want some juicy cinematics, and would gladly have long ones.

2 Likes

Spliler alert: Lúcio doesn’t die neither in Endgame nor in Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Thank you for giving us more information about OW2. Im looking forward to play it.

1 Like