The only reason every thread isn't about Tank

Thank you, it is a blessing.

Unless you were T500 playing at 3 am that never happened in OW 1 for normal folks

It definitely got up there in masters, even in NA during off hours like in the morning.

Thats the problem then

i dont think tanking is in a really bad spot. if anything i blame matchmaking for building some of the worst team combinations imaginable. i still have fun playing tank, but sometimes having a good team to back you up makes the game a lot more enjoyable than trying to solo carry with pick elims

I can legitimately watch something on youtube on my other monitor and still play Orisa just as well. Easy, low skill (floor and ceiling), unchallenging heroes are not fun.

Orisa is what people pick when they give up on trying to actually learn the game.

2 Likes

Coz zen is such an issue, man people be trolling for real now days and worst part you ain’t even good at it :sweat_smile::joy:

people who die to orb of discord are the ones who forgot to shoot the zenyatta or are playing in a team that is allergic to shooting him

1 Like

The really funny thing is the meta support line up of Moira, Lucio literally have 0 debuffs to tanks

Yet people still say tanking sucks

1 Like

She’s easy yes but she does have a high skill ceiling. Hitting javelins on the correct targets, knowing when and how long to ult for, knowing when to time your abilities to get the most out of them.

Imo tanks like D.va and Mauga are far easier.

She has the lowest skill ceiling of any tank in the game

The only “hard” tanks are Zarya, WB, Winston, Sigma, JQ and Doomfist.

Orisa is no easier than Mauga, D.va, Rein, Roadhog or Ram.

No, even mauga is harder to play than orisa, and dva has one of the higher skill ceilings of tanks, given the number of abilities on the other team you have to track and counter to play her well.

Orisa is by far the lowest skill ceiling tank in the game.

Lucio boop and kiriko suzu are also not acceptable for tanks to have fun apparently
Also no burst damage, tanks should be immune to headshots

Mauga has literally one job. Hold down his mouse. He is by far the easiest tank in the game.

No she doesn’t :joy:

You do realise Orisa essentially has a defense matrix on her E, except it has a cooldown so she actually has to time it right. Of course she isn’t going to counter everything, but a good Orisa will also predict enemy ult projectiles like grav, barrage or Bastion in sentry.

Half the threads this week were about orisa, what chu talkin bout willis?

Moira players enjoying their reprieve.

Any OW player in any role tracks and predicts ults. That’s OW 101. That’s not some difficult or unique part of Orisa’s play.

You just cycle cooldowns on Orisa and…that’s it. No thought, strategy or skill needed

I just want to say thank you for making this reply. As someone who plays all three roles almost equally my god do Tank players love to cry about everything. Tanking is by far the easiest way to win games, all you need is to have 3-4 heroes in your pool that cover each other’s weaknesses(My go to are Zar Hog Monkey and Dva with a lil Sigma sauce on the side when needed) and swap when you’re getting countered to a hero in your pool that fits the current situation better. Most low ranked tank players just want to be raid bosses that never use cover, are always out in the open, dont bother avoiding any enemy cooldowns, and just press w while inting into the enemy team for an easy 5 k. Only a few tanks are poorly balanced, mainly Orisa and Mauga for just general being aids to play against. They just like to cry, some of my most fun games post season 9 have been leading my team on tank.

Orisa, Moira, soldier mains like to pretend their hero’s skill ceiling isn’t in the basement. Nothing new here

1 Like

Ngl… unless you live in some unknown region of space. I was GM hardlocking DPS every game… queues were not that bad.

Even at like 3 AM my queues were still at most 6 minutes. The only way people had hour long queues were if they were at the very bottom in bronze where people barely exist, or the very top of GM where people barely exist. Everything else in between was fine.

Which is why the whole queue time argument is silly anyway because queue times in high elo… still suck lmfao.

1 Like