The Only Nerf Hanzo Actually Needs

Hanzo
What hurts even more than getting killed by an arrow not meant for you is getting killed by an arrow that was not even meant to hit / kill anybody:

Sonic arrow
What if Hanzo’s sonic arrow couldn’t headshot?
Hanzo is rather on the stronger side when it comes to balance, that wouldn’t be a much of a nerf, but would lower the overall randomness of Hanzo by a solid bit.

1 Like

Specifically, his Storm arrows especially shouldn’t have an ability to headshot.

Sonic arrow, I dunno. Personally don’t like being surprise sniped by a sonic rather than take like 100 damage from it, but… eh.

6 Likes

Basically. He gets to keep the shield pressure. It is still a decent tool for chip and dealing with squishy targets… He needs to land an extra arrow or two. Not a terrible change at all.

Edit: I misread. I thought we were talking the arrows he spams. Not his vision. Like, I actually purposely aim that one, so I would be a bit salty.

Now, I don’t play any Hanzo really, but the first time I died to sonic arrow, I was confused because I assumed it did no damage. Not only did I find out it does damage, but it headshots. It just seems like it’s too much especially considering he never has to reload, so to use sonic arrow for damage seems pointless.

Agreed, but it at least not headshotting would be a good start.
It is better to take 125 damage, that could get healed up fairly quick, than to … die :c

Actually I find aiming at an enemy with sonic arrow can be quite rewarding as the reveal radius follows that player around and shows everyone around them unlike a wall where its easier to avoid it

1 Like

You misspelled “inverse fall off”

I see absolutely no reason why a sonic arrow shouldn’t work as a regular arrow for damage and headshot potential.

Now storm arrows…

I was about to ask a nerf for Hanzo but I will use this post, personally I don’t know what kind of nerf will make him acceptable

but every single time I engage him I feel like I’m playing the russian roulette, is only a matter of who have the higher luck between me and him.

I play mostly Sombra and even when I manage to do a perfect tracking on him he spam arrows (or storm arrows if not on cd) and eventually in that game of chances he win because … let me use a methaphoric picture … ‘‘he have more cards so more chances to oneshot me’’.

I know is kinda confused as post but I hope it will make the idea.

In short he need less luck mechanics and more skill ones.

He is just a better McCree in every category

The only nerf he needs is his arrow speed nerf. Not any of whatever else is said here.

Reduce his ridiculous projectile speed. He went from 85 to 100. Make it so it is 95 or 90.

He honestly doesn’t even deserve sonic arrow with storm arrow, his dodge roll and the fact that the hero shoots literal logs at people.

1 Like

I would prefer this to be honest

1 Like

Either storm arrow needs a nerf… like one less arrow, his mobility needs to be removed compleatly, or he gets inverse fall of damage.

Gave me a good laugh, have a like.

1 Like

Your argument loses value when you’re repeating memes that haven’t been accurate in months.

You don’t even have an argument.

About whether or not Hanzo shoots logs? You’re right. Because the devs already settled that for me.

About whether he needs a nerf and what it should be? Again, you’re right. I don’t really have much of an opinion either way. Still doesn’t make the logs comment any more accurate, though.

1 Like

It being the smallest projectile does not by any means makes it small. Projectiles in this game are crazy big. (obv compared to 1 pixel hirscan)