The New Sombra Would Be Fine With CHANGES

I tried Sombra for a little while on the PTR yesterday evening – and I didn’t mind the changes.

BUT, there are far too many limitations, drawbacks and other conditions that need to be met now to play her effectively.

The stealth radius detection is horrible. Period. I am constantly detected even when hugging walls and corners.

The reduction in speed in stealth (from 75% to 50%) makes the longer jumps impossible and I feel as though I have lost fluidity and rhythm.

Translocator being destructible by enemies is by far the worst change of them all. Not only this, but in conjunction with the additional sound FX and lights/smoke it now carries, this change is unjustified.

You cannot “buff” a hero – and chain them down with a series of “terms and conditions”. Every single one of her abilities can be in someway disrupted/hindered/rendered useless by enemies.
Imagine if Tracer’s recall would show where she was recalling to or if Mercy’s GA slowed down the further you travelled or if D.Va could not fly if she was taking damage.

These changes do not feel good to play with - and need adjustment.
Sending them to LIVE in this state is a mistake and disservice to anyone that plays Sombra.

Blizzard needs to either relieve some of the “nerfs” or just not push these LIVE at all.

2 Likes

Check out my thread as well as we have some great ideas: Improvements to Sombra2.0

1 Like