The new rank is system completely broken

The new rank system is either completely broken and bugged or it is just terribly designed and balanced.

I’ve played 400 games so far this season all those games being around diamond to masters and even though i have MORE wins than losses this season my current ranks in all roles are way lower than my in season peak. On all 3 roles i am about 4 tiers lower than my peak this season, despite my win rate being above 50%.

It feels like i have no control over my rank and no matter how much i win i still don’t rank up, multiple times now i have gotten ~7 wins in a row only to lose 3 games in a row to be put back at the same place or even lower than i was before.

I have played over 10,000 games of Overwatch over multiple accounts, at least 95% of them being competitive and the rank system has never been this terrible, i don’t even understand why they changed it from SR, which was a way better system in every single aspect, despite its flaws.

Has anyone else had these problems?

1 Like

Yes, many players had these issues for years now, reported, documented and ignored. They left and now other players have them because someone has to be in a certain percentage in every rank. Enjoy.

Yeah, it’s almost as though it is not a legitimate ranking system.

3 Likes

The rank system has been completely broken and bugged for over six years due to severe incompetence. What you’re reporting here has been reported by literally thousands of people, streamers, top 100 players, basically everyone.

It comes down to incompetence. I’ve seen it a thousand times, a room full of developers who have been covering up their coding issues because their managers don’t have the coding knowledge to know that they’re covering up problems. In the case of OW they’ve convinced management that all the players complaining are experiencing the dunning kruger effect. But then you start asking questions and making them prove things and they start to panic, scraping at the bottom of the barrel for anything they can, trying to speak in gibberish hoping to baffle you with a string of sentences that don’t actually mean anything. Inevitably they’re removed from the project and the issues are resolved in a matter of weeks by people who have less scatterbrained thinking.

Unfortunately there’s nobody at this company who can call out the devs on their BS so here we are.

4 Likes

Isn’t that why they all got fired? Because they sucked at their job?

Now they can go work at indie game companies where they belong with their colored hair and oversized ironic non prescription glasses. In between jobs they can shave their twisted oily mustaches and buy shirts without flannel.

4 Likes

I personally have been slowly climbing but I have a friend with a win rate over 60 that couldn’t rank up last season or this season

1 Like