The New Lucio Changes

I will start off by saying Lucio is my main. I have an incredible amount of hours on Lucio, and despite being in platinum I consider myself a very good Lucio (Lucio’s can’t carry a team unless the map is Ilios for example), but here is my problem…

Yesterday Lucio was buffed, and now just recently he got nerfed, i’d like to discuss some of the problems I have with this.

1. Lucio wallriding -
    A big part of playing lucio is being able to wall ride with skill, thats what made playing lucio fun. It separated the sub tier lucio’s who just merely existed from the good ones who made an actual impact on the team. The fact wall riding is easier now, makes it harder to do more complex movements with lucio.

2. Lucio speed -
    Lucio is supposed to be a fast character, and I felt previous to these PTR changes his speed was in a decent place. The way I played him allows for sporadic movement so it makes it hard for people to hit/kill me, nerfing his speed is basically killing the character.

3. Lucio boop -
    This is the only thing I agree with on this patch, I am glad that finally the boop is just a cooldown and no expense with ammo. This is a problem I would always have, where I would have no ammo, yet my boop was available but I couldn’t use it.

4. Sombra vs Lucio -
    This is almost laughable. When I get hacked by sombre I am essentially useless. Lucio’s ENTIRE kit becomes unavailable, and renders him a sitting duck.

5. Lucio’s ultimate -
    Lucio’s ultimate has only 2 real uses, and are not as practical as the other healers ultimates. It is only used to counter a different ult, or give your team a slight (5 second) edge, which is not a lot AT ALL.

At the end of the day, I would like to see some changes be made to combat some of the problems lucio has above (with the exception of number 3). Lucio should take some skill, as of right now, I can do some pretty swanky wall riding with lucio, which took quite a bit of play time and practice, that separated me from other lucio players.

Please let me know what you guys think.

3 Likes

I 1519515911% agree blizz must listen to us

1 Like

The changed his speed boost when jumping off of a wall so I think the ceiling is similar.

1 Like

Keep the buffs revert the nerf

2 Likes

So keep the boop change, and revert everything else?

Agreed!

1 Like

I do agree fully, he is my go to healer😁

1 Like

This may not seem like that big of a change, but it’s actually a massive change that decides whether one can keep lucio alive or not.