There are a couple changes that are on the current PTR that we missed on the main patch notes. I’ll be including them here as well as any additional changes if we make any for this PTR cycle.
- Cone angle reduced from 90 to 60
Dev Notes: When fighting against Brigitte, it often felt like Shield Bash was able to hit you when you felt like you should have dodged it. On the flip side, when playing as Brigitte sometimes you would hit the wrong enemy in the middle of a fight. With the cone being reduced the ability is more accurate to its visual representation.
- Wall leap boost decreased from 2.5 m/s to 2.0m/s
Dev Notes: This change is just part of the overall changes to wall riding. Now that you can ride on many more surfaces and boost/land on the same surface, we’re reducing the leap boost itself slightly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Brigitte to not be able to use abilities or her weapon while her Repair Pack was in flight.
Update 4 -24
We’ve pushed out a build with some more Lucio tweaks.
- Wall leap boost reverted back to 2.5 m/s. We’ll keep an eye on this to make sure it doesn’t get super out of control.
- Fixed a bug causing a loss of momentum when landing/boosting off very small columns such as trees etc. (This one isn’t live on PTR yet, should be soon)
- Added and then promptly removed the hero option to control how much time is required to hold jump before you would ride around corners. We may add this back in in the future but we’re just setting this to 0.3s for everyone for now. Its worth noting that this option only appeared for one build and wasn’t hooked up to actually function (it wasn’t intended to appear in the build actually).
We’ve also increased the height of Genji’s deflect back to what it was. The overall size is still smaller, but the lowered height specifically was causing him to be able to be headshot when jumping sometimes.
We’ve also made a change to Hanzo’s lunge ability so if you use it and then wall climb within a tiny window of time, it wont consume the cooldown. This is there to fix a case where you try to climb a wall using the jump button but your lunge ability is off cooldown, which would cause it to be used as you start to climb the wall. This should now be fixed.