The new D.Va in comp isn’t that bad

but Dva has way higher pickrate than Winston in these ranks…

and?
Im not arguing that she’s completely dependent on dive to survive, I’m saying these nerfs will make her crap once dive is done because she’s being nerfed based around dive.
which will make her worse overall, not just in dive.

And what im saying about dive is that, I personally believe due to the fact that her winrate is a reasonable 48% in bronze, I believe due to how badly these players are, that this means that dva was in a reasonable and healthy spot by herself WITHOUT dive influencing her winrate.
however going up in the rank the winrate goes up, and I believe this is due to the introduction of good players and dive itself.
Because once it starts hitting the rank of self conscious players, aka gold and plat, her winrate starts going up.
Even though winston’s pickrate is low I believe its still reasonable to assume that she was ran with dive regardless of the rank and have her winrate increase by 1% and 2% at those ranks.

She’s in every game in GM still, so I don’t see any problem with viability. If anything she’s right where she needs to be now.

1 Like

You know why your point is wrong? Because even with 48% winrate, that’s still the highest one after Zen, Sym and Torb. So it can be said that it’s the same as all other ranks since the higher the rank is, the higher ALL winrates are. So it’s pretty much not changing differently from other heroes.
Dva is a strong part of dive. But she is not dependant from it. Winston is. This is why he will die if dive is dead. Dva won’t die. She will just be used in tank comp or others, because she is not bad in any. Something like Zen, he is great in all comps.

To be perfectly honest, I think if you gave her the boop damage back then you could almost completely remove the missiles. If you did, she’d maybe need a little something to keep her in the fight longer cough armor cough.

But this damage nerf is not going to kill her. It is just going to bring her down a peg which is all that was needed. My chief concern at this point is that people will continue to call for her to be nerfed even before the effects of the current nerf are fully known which just takes time.

I think the nerfs are OK. You don’t. But why don’t we give it a few weeks and see how things actually work out instead of just our initial impressions?

i’ve been saying that to people who say “she’s fine”.
Im saying wait till brigitte gets on comp, and we’ll REALLY see the effects of this nerf.

so you’re agreeing that there is nothing to base a character off on if they’re OP or not due to the fact that winrates and pickrates are irrelevant as you just claimed.

also winston isnt dependent on dive tbh.
his weapon can attack through rein’s shield, that makes him pair-able with rein with his pushes because he can essentially pressure the enemy into moving/making mistakes.
he can even jump and help take care of small groups of people who trickle out, he can even, winston can even take care of snipers, even tho if they’re good they can headshot him during his jump and then headshot him during the bubble dance.

I think waiting on data is always good. I think even with Brigitte it’s hard to judge from Quickplay alone if she’ll be too strong or too weak. I know people have formed opinions on that, but I want to see data to see if my own feelings are in-line with what actually happens.

That said, I play other tanks too. And frankly, I’m more worried about how this patch is going to affect Reinhardt and Winston than D.Va even though D.Va got the nerf.

1 Like

So you are saying me that Dva is dependant from dive but Winston is not?
Winston is used only in dive. In all other situlations, other tanks are much more useful. His entire kit is diving and killing. But he needs help for that. So there’s where dive comes- to help him. With Dva being the main hero that helps him. Without dive it’s hard to do his job.

I honestly believe there is a new meta coming, and its going to have reaper, brigitte and probably rein.
And these are characters that dva isnt that good against and also the introduction of this nerf will essentially put her in a bad spot when this new meta comes out.

I say this because reaper has the ability to bait/play mind games just like genji and roadhog used to.

and I say reinhardt because he’s probably going to be buffed so he cant get CC’d cus crusader armor.

Im saying that exactly, but because winston isnt used in higher tiers without the dive meta doesnt mean winston is good in general or even completly bad in general.

he’s ok and he needs some teamwork to make work. like zarya’s bubble and probably even a mercy or rein to be with.

Dva is technically, currently, the main backbone of dive cus DPS and mobility, due to her nerf, she’s technically still good cus dive meta, but with the introduction of brigitte and reaper buff, I say she’s not going good anymore. cus she got her counter buffed and herself nerfed around the same time, along with the introduction of a possible new meta.

Winston is countered by reaper much more than Dva…

The thing is that D.Va also works well with Reinhardt. I almost prefer playing Rein + D.Va over Winston + D.Va. Earth Shatter + Self Destruct is an amazing ultimate combo.

More Rein doesn’t necessarily mean less D.Va which is why I think Zarya probably needs a minor buff because more Zarya does mean less D.Va.

1 Like

but rein literally does 75 damage a swing and doesnt get blocked by dm.
Also earth shatter plus any other DPS ultimate is an amazing ult combo.

Another ult combo that we may be seeing more is mei+ someone else, cus mei just got an ability that allows her to get her ult faster and damage enemies more.

All she needs is 21 body shots and she can get her ult up.
14 headshots is all it takes too.

and I got her ult like 3-4 times at the final point at moon base.
so im pretty sure she’s going to be more prevalent.

If people play mei more things’ll be interesting in the up coming games.
Which im pretty sure they will due to the buff of her being allowed to freeze multiple enemies at once.

Well idk if that was actually implemented into the game tbh.

It was.

Continuing the discussion from [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – April 10, 2018:

well i mean the endothermic blaster allowing mei to freeze multiple people.

wait what, I thought they were meaning the right click goes through people.
The whole beam goes through people, lmao, she’s going to be a beast.

So both the beam and the shots pierce enemies.
So thats neat.

Just the beam. The right click doesn’t go through enemies just her primary fire. Hopefully it will be just enough to make Mei a good pick without making her too frustrating. That’s my hope anyway. We’ll see.

1 Like

thats still good tbh.
That allows her to team work better. cus the slow effect helps a lot tbh.

Yes I’m excited for the Mei change, time to brush off the dust from the gold gun.

i still use mine lol