The new Cuba thing

Look, i’m not ungrateful. I (usually) LOVE what this game releases and i’m usually hyped. But is this an Archives teaser or what…???

I thought the whole idea of Archives was so that we could play through the OW & BW ARCHIVES to figure out/find out the past of Overwatch; and explore the lore through a lore based event. If this turns out to be a Blackwatch mission following after Retribution, i’ll be the happiest person in the world.

But if it’s some random family thing with a few select random heroes with no big meaning to it, i’ll be rather disappointed.

And i’m not saying this is Blizzard’s fault, because I know the devs work hard on this game, but constant recycled events AND non-stop promises of big updates that we’ll probably be excited for (that we have learnt nothing about) is really killing this game.

A while after release, events are what brought back players, but now a lot of them leave for good because there’s no content other than 6 legendary skins for (what most people would argue as) the same heroes, a single or two highlight intros and an emote. It’s not enough for a lot of players, and personally i’m beginning to become bored with the same arcade games and generic quickplay.

I don’t hate the devs, nor am I annoyed at anyone or anything in particular. Just tired of the constant silence, and the lack of new things. If Blizzard told us what they were working on I’d be happy and content, alongside other people. But for something that’s “so big” and gunna amaze us all, why can’t we get teasers or something?
The lack of hype is really taking a toll on the game’s playerbase. ALL I see in YouTube comments, social media etc are people complaining about the lack of updates, communication, lore…etc.

Also I, and many others, do not care for OWL as much as we used to. In all honesty I’m not finding it fun to sit around and watch six v six for hours on end, hoping my team wins. I don’t find that entertaining anymore, but I do find the gameplay when I play myself entertaining and fun.

Somebody please tell us or give us a little clue of what’s to come in the future :sob:

Edit: I was being stupid, April 8th teaser has gotten me so excited

But you are tho.

We don’t even know what the event will be like. Maybe hold on until it’s actually fully revealed.

5 Likes

I’m just happy we finally seem to be moving into present day lore instead of rehashing the past.

4 Likes

Wow, how about stop your whining.

It clearly is setting up Talon (guess who that mystery company is) and their practices of taking over company.

Protip: the offhand mention at the end of the base and the upcoming storm are likely the mission parts.

The top was to set up Talon being around and do a kind of lore thing showing how they will punish companies if they don’t “play ball”

7 Likes

Only the place has been confirmed but all Archives mission is aligned to a faction. Possibly its Talon for variety.

It would make a good story. Break in, steal an artifact from the heritage and escape before the hurricane makes it impossible.

6 Likes

Jeff said we are getting a Dev Update sometime this upcoming week. Prob Tuesday. That will probably talk about Archives then.

2 Likes

Wait really? How had I missed that- yay a Dev update :smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, I was scared that we weren’t gonna get a new Archives Event so I’ll be happy with a Havana Mission even if it’s not quite Retribution level

2 Likes

Interesting…

I’m guessing the distillery will be a payload or hybrid map for archives. Since according to the article it was blown up.

1 Like

Yup. Here it is.

1 Like

You say it like I don’t care about anything they do. I do, the only thing i’m mainly concerned about is the lack of communication at all, but since I literally just found out a dev update is coming out next week this post is pretty much useless and irrelevant.

If we had frequent updates on this big thing that they’re working on, then i’d care so much less for what we’d given in terms of disappointment. But since we have nothing else to go off other than the same game modes, the same recycled events and few cosmetics I do feel a bit upset about it.

And I know a lot of other people agree on that. Like I said above, i’ve seen it all over YouTube comments and social media. A lot of YouTubers have said it too. It’s not what we’re being given, it’s how much we’re being given and how much we’re being promised. And by given, I mean both cosmetics AND updates.

But like I said, since I just discovered that a Dev update is due this post is basically pointless

Now I kind of want it to be some Talon Company Retreat just purely for a laugh.

1 Like

This is a lore event.

Your post sounds as if you’re upset the lore we’re getting might not be the lore you want.

I’d love a Blackwatch/Overwatch story too, but if it’s something else, then so be it.

So far a Talon mission is unlikely, imo, since the article makes it sound like Talon is already in control of this new location. So Talon fighting against Talon is… yeah. But who knows.

I only skimmed through it, but there does seem to be a mention of the company being international.

Like the company Mr Mama Mia worked on before he got shot by Reaper in Retribution.

Blizzard: drops a teaser.

This guy: Why doesn’t Blizzard ever tease anything?

1 Like

I was being stupid, yesterday’s update made me so sooo excited. So SO excited. Hopefully Tracer, Mercy, Winston and Genji are the playable characters. I play two/4 (Tracer and Mercy) and my boyfriend plays Genji, so i’m pumped.

Regardless, I was being pretty stupid. I’m sorry :laughing: :cry:

Isn’t this an old mission? Soldier is still in charge of overwatch in the teaser and overwatch is still together

Yes. All of the Archives events are going to be pre-fall of Overwatch