The most effective way to deal with Genji so far

The WHOLE team counter picks him so that he’s so hilariously hard countered that he has to swap. The last time the game had this issue the problem hero was Reaper. That should tell you something.

4 Likes

It tells that people are bad at the game.

1 Like

If the Genji is in the same elo and still requires that much counter picking its still a problem. No one hero should restrict everyone’s hero picks just to be dealt with. I thought that’s why you all campaigned against Brig so hard, technically it is what she did. What, is it suddenly fine because its Genji now?

12 Likes

If that were the case he wouldnt be dominating in GM right now.

3 Likes

And if I recall correctly, an extremely minor nerf and a meta shift completely killed him. Ooh, so you’re saying the community is overreacting like always?

You mean a complete restructuring of how the game is played? Sure, “minor meta shift”…

2 Likes

My life as a Pharah main for 4 years now :skull:

1 Like

It honestly doesn’t tell anything considering any team that’s above 2750 can deal with Genji. Of course sometimes you get caught out of position and die to him but that’s your own fault. This game is team based, I don’t see anything wrong with a team having to cooperate to take a target down.

What?? Lmao dont sit here and try to tell me reaper was viable before 222 because he wasnt. He was only viable for a few months in double shield, got nerfed and was replaced by mccree.

Actually that’s pretty stupid which is why people don’t do that in high rank.

Counterpicking should be used sparingly and situationally. Only low rank players use that as a core strategy.

You haven’t checked out what is happening in GM yet, have you? Cause evidence does not support your claim.

But Genji shouldn’t have to? Cause the problem is, right now he doesn’t. This is a tired old argument that Genji mains through out all the time. ‘No, he is balanced. You only have to 2+v1 him. He shouldn’t have anyone that can fight him 1v1 or he is trash.’ It is always a “team game” whenever they are talking about stopping Genji, but never when talking about what he can do.

2 Likes

These are the same people who said git gud when genji had a reflect box the size of Reinhardt. they have no idea what balance is.

3 Likes

Uhh what?

Reaper/Mei were the meta DPS with Orisa/ Hog before forced 2-2-2 hit on Ladder

Snowblossom?

I Find pharmercy good way to get genji to swap cause if one slot is genji atmost there is only one hitscan and you can generally just harass the one hitscan with a quick flank then go lay it hard on his team you can destroy his team before he can yours and mostly you can get him to swap or he will be hated by his team.

The other is have a your supports go moira brig and a zarya probably overkill.

Its just bad that you have to take so many counters to counter him.

You see any GM complaining? any streamer? i literally never saw a single top500 complaining about Genji being a strong pick while low elos complain about Reaper being strong.

…he was responding to the Genji comments, Reaper was nothing but an example of this situation happening before. Do most Genji mains just have poor reading comprehension or something?

We know it wasn’t Genji’s meta though, so I think it is more than just that.

1 Like

My problem is nano blade

Even if I can build trans/beat fast enough, Genji still has to be CC’d to death to actually stop it.

It makes running Zen pointless, especially against anti-nade and Lúcio less worth it

IDDQ once died to a Doom and said that he wish Genji was strong cause at least Genji didn’t feel like a scam when dying to and now that he dies to a Genji he says the same he said about DF? ok.