IDDQD very frustrated with Genji

In IDDQD’s last stream he aired quite some frustration with Genji, who he called straight up “broken”.

24 Likes

What do you think about it

4 Likes

Noone is interested in my opinion anyway, and will just call me biased, which is why I am quoting IDDQD, one of the best McCrees in the game.

No matter what I think (I also find Genji broken - and what is even worse: less skillful), I think it is an interesting view by a top player.

So what do you think about it?

34 Likes

I am, I just am encouraging more people to think for themselves instead of coming on here to tell us what streamers think :slight_smile:

I think Genji needed the buffs except deflect cancel, which was a step too far

10 Likes

He should just play Genji. Nowadays you don’t even need to learn anything, just press right click and sometimes dash.

36 Likes

Lol, funny you say that. His audience told him to go play Genji himself.
He said “Noway!”.

1 Like

I’m more interested in your opinion than IDDQD’s. You are a beautiful and unique human being, ItWasntMe, don’t you ever forget that.

5 Likes

IMO the biggest problem is the tightening of the spread on his right-click. It makes him absolutely broken up-close in good hands.
Good Genjis before were able to reliably land two shurikens up-close with right-click, now they can trivially land all three. If those are headshot (and they will all be if they are), it is goodnite for the majority of the cast. What is even worse, is that he can now use the right-click at mid-range for quite reliable damage, as the spread will make it likely that one of them will hit, as it works kinda like a shotgun.

12 Likes

Thats why I think the buffs are good, he is now deadly in the hands of more people as a dps should be.

Before these I always thought he was just an opportunity vulture, pouncing on people as a “finish-offer”

Maybe due to these buffs though they should’ve increased ult cost

2 Likes

looks at his latest vod

Pocketed damage boosted Ashe vs Genji…yeah I don’t know which is more broken. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It is too easy to land shots with the right-click. I have tried to get shot out of the air on midrange on Pharah!
Those right-clicks come fast and furious, and even if only one hit at a time, it doesn’t take long to fire three of them to secure most kills.

1 Like

Somebody who only plays op hitscans like Mccree, Ashe and Widow talks about how broken a hero is lmaooo

7 Likes

Ya, we are entering a game that will be at an entirely new level, where one superpowered insta-killer will be the only one able to kill the other.

3 Likes

I’m fine with it , I could never play genji unless I wanted to de rank but now it’s like he’s usable for us low skilled peeps

I have like 50% win rate with new genji up from like low 30% with old genji :man_shrugging:

Nothin wrong with genji having a low skill floor now

3 Likes

That may very well be (I don’t know IDDQD, just wanted to see if the top is adopting Open Queue - which it doesn’t look like). But doesn’t that make you worried for heroes that are NOT Genji or McCree/Ashe (all three are IMO superpowered)? Imagine what they have to deal with now?

He’s a hitscan 1 trick, what do you expect

2 Likes

Ahah I did have a genji bully a pharah in a game but I didn’t think much of it which was odd I guess

No, he is not a one-trick.

Yeah sure. Pretty much all of my favourite heroes are bad rn but I can’t do anything about it… meanwhile Mccree is broken for over a year and the devs do nothing about it.
I think they just love him and don’t want to nerf him lol

Hitscan 1 trick is playing hitscan only, which is all he does