The mercy spam won't stop

I’m pretty sure we were playing several rounds of QP together and I felt bad that I wanted to play Mercy when you also seemed to want to play Mercy but you were OK with it. :grin:

I think this was around the time Rialto had been out for a month or so.

ohh maybe! what region are you from? i’m in OCE :stuck_out_tongue:

Americas, aww damn it I’m sorry I guess maybe we haven’t played together :sob:
But I’d go on to OCE just play on a team with you :hearts:

Not exactly …
I mean , there’s still hide and seek , but now you have to hide behind corners , buildings , shields to get a REZ.
Or maybe hide into the sky where no one can reach you.
I wouldn’t call it “Successful” TBH

1 Like

yeah, i think i would have recognised your name. :frowning:

Not comparable to the hide and rez of the past. Not even remotely.

The discussion needs to advance passed Mass Rez at this point. It’s been almost a year now…

I mean what more is there to say? That is what’s wanted in the end. Or close the book and remove Rez. It seems increasing clear that those are those are the only satisfactory paths.

Here’s a metaphor:

Your roof starts leaking.

You try to call the roof company to complain. Not only do they not fix it, the refuse to acknowledge the problem. Their phone number stops working, too. They tell you to write down your complaints, but don’t show those anywhere they can see.

The roof keeps leaking. You complain some more.

The roof company fixes a few stray tiles on your floor. “Look!” Says the people who have been hearing you complain about your leaky roof, “they did something!”

You are unamused. They may have done something, but it had nothing to do with the roof! It’s still leaking!

“Just get a different place where the roof isn’t leaking,” says the bystander.

After you spent so much time and effort making the place all nice? The only reason you even moved to this neighborhood in the first place was for that nice house with the pretty roof! What kind of sunk-cost fallacy is this?

You continue to complain, because that’s what happens when something breaks and makes things unpleasant for you. You remember how nice it was before it was broken, and have lots of ideas to make it even better and fix the problems that caused the roof to start leaking in the first place. But no one seems to be willing to listen, and people are now telling you that you’re a bad person for complaining at all.

Who’s in the wrong, here? The people complaining about how something they once loved is now broken? Or the people who broke it, and refuse to even acknowledge that it needs fixing?

2 Likes