The Mercy rework did nothing good for the community

Sadly enough. I’m going to have to agree. I wonder how the community would have been if the rework never happened. Now a days, most people have been nothing but toxic to both mercy mains, and in general. I kind of miss the old days where she wasn’t such a big deal.

People weren’t so triggered all the time on every little inch of “spotlight” Mercy had with Mass res. Most didn’t care. Times back then were a lot simpler and the game in general was simply more fun.

This rework was a huge failure.

109 Likes

Mercy 1.0 was a Main Support that was incentivized to literally stop healing her teammates and let them die.

Great design.

32 Likes

So you never played her as that wasn’t a thing. Got it

44 Likes

I disagree. I can Lucio now.

3 Likes

What? What do you mean? I played OP Mercy

1 Like

Okay.

8 Likes

You could play Lucio with Mercy 1.0. too. You’re the type of person I mean, I give a normal post and kinda you go like “Yeah kk lul but I can Lucio now so dunno don’t care” I’m glad that the support area is balanced now, it’s just sad that Mercy was ripped of her soul and heart for this to happen

15 Likes

No, YOU are that type of person! I give an honest response, based on my personal experience, and because you don’t agree with me, you cry.

With the previous 2 iterations of Mercy, almost every time I tried to play Lucio I was asked to swap to Mercy or Zen, or asked to play a different role so someone else could. Hence the 200+ hours I’ve accumulated on Zen.

10 Likes

Where am I crying? I criticised you for literally not making a point.

Which Mercy do you mean the one with mass rez or some Valk Mercy?

6 Likes

I hated old mercy but in hindsight i wish they would have left her alone becuase there has ALWAYS been a flood of mercy threads since the rework was anounced.

2 Likes

My point: I can play Lucio now. In case my original response was too wordy for you to pick that out…

2 Likes

Yes.
20 charactersss

4 Likes

The only good it did was that her hero rank started to match her popularity. Regardless of which rank I played Mercy was a ridiculously popular pick for a hero that was honestely kinda awful. If I’m going to have a Mercy on my team almost every game then I’d rather be because she’s OP and not an awful hero that most people could only get value from via a very bad strat.

2 Likes

That’s not a point. You’re just glad that Lucio is viable. Mercy never took his place, Lucion was never a main healer

10 Likes

That’s literally what she does now but has to wait every 30 seconds, takes nearly 2 seconds to do it and is very easy to kill in that time. Oh and in that while you a rezzing, your time is 4v6 which will clearly go in the enemies favour.

13 Likes

That’s not true at all. Mercy does not want to use Resurrect, as it goes on cooldown. Before, Resurrecting 5 people was the same cooldown as 1, so why not let everyone die?

3 Likes

Yes, you’ve finally found the point! There’s hope for you yet bro. I believe.

3 Likes

Okay seems like you’re not willing participate in a debate without acting like a child. Have fun with Lucio but stop replying to me if you’re not ready to talk mature

9 Likes

I have never enjoyed Overwatch as much as I have in the last few days.

Being able to play with a variety of supports, I am finally seeing lucio again, I am seeing other supports than zen again.

The meta at the high levels is pretty good right now with goats being run alot.
Also ana is the most fun and interesting support to play with and against in the game.

I think mercy in her current state has done so damn much for my enjoyment it is actually insane.

I love this game right now.

now they just need to fix and the actual sh!t ton of bugs in the game then we’re good till they start adding good events and lore.

7 Likes

Resurrecting before wasn’t on the same cooldown as it is now, it wasn’t even on a cooldown. It was earned. It would usually take up to 45 seconds. It had a better impact on the fight.

7 Likes