The mercy megathread is pointless

They tend to turn into an echo chamber I think.

They would probably spam threads till blizz would be forced to make a megathread tbh we’d be at this point but at a later date

You would be proud about whining so hard you get your own echo chamber?

1 Like

Well we don’t know that do we? Because all we’ve had is the megathread for a long time. And I know a lot of people are purposefully posting outside the megathread specifically because they think they’re being ignored. It stands to reason then, that if they didn’t feel that way, they wouldn’t post outside it.

2 Likes

The level of agreement between Mercy’s is hardly anywhere near 100% on anything.

You’ll notice that a decent % of Mercy’s are actually happier with the new version.

While a large segment are also unhappy with the way she is now even we do not necessarily agree on what we want changed to reach a better position.

1 Like

Blizzard had a response that she wasn’t on they’re radar they are upset because they don’t have they response they want and the changes they want

It’s been up for 7 months now, and to top it off it’s the fourth one. Let’s just close it finally.

2 Likes

I know that since mercy mains aren’t a hive mind but making an echo chamber won’t solve anything

Any Mercy complaint thread full of Mercy mains is is doomed to be ignored; at least for the time being. I’m positive Blizzard is gonna do a turn around and see what to do about her, but at a later time in the future.

1 Like

Because people are still unhappy with her. They’re allowed to post that opinion. The Megathread is literally “Mercy Feedback” which indcates they’re interested in the feedback. If they’re not, then the megathread is pointless. It makes it seem like they are either interested, or are purposefully silencing people unhappy with her. It looks unprofessional.

1 Like

Blizz correctly feels that mercy is in a good spot and the stats prove it and have deemed other hero’s to be more important but the vocal minority complain that she’s unfun even though that’s completely subjective the reason why they feel like they’re ignored is because blizzard won’t do anything about the perceived fun factor

1 Like

Megathread is a databank for Blizzard and specifically for Mercy discussion. Why? Because they need the rest of the forums for other topics to look at. Not a hundred topics about Mercy being “balanced but unfun” or “buffing Mercy would be good” or anything like that.

Hey look, it’s right there!
Amazing, right? Your entire thread is now meaningless as you couldn’t be bothered to read two sentences. Don’t worry, I did it for you.

What you’re really trying to forcefully ask is “WHERE’S OUR OFFICIAL STATUS ON MERCY”

Blizzard states OFFICIALLY that Mercy is in a good place

“mY rEsPoNsEs ThOuGh!”

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

-A Mercy main, who’s fed up with the constant flood of Mercy topics.

Sorry, Sorry.

Since when was “I’m making this easier to read and find for future reference for myself and everyone else” unprofessional?

Since when was “We’re going to constantly increase the limit of posts able to be added to this feedback thread so it doesn’t die” them wanting to silence people?

Since when did they state they didn’t use it?

They’re not silencing anyone. Blizzard’s official statement was that Mercy is in a good spot, people disagree, but that doesn’t matter.

There’s this thing called a dictum, which is “what I say goes”. As the COMPANY is in charge of the product THEY made, any service they provide to us, the consumers, is a GIFT.

Could’ve sworn there’s this thing in the ToS that openly says you can leave if you’re dissatisfied, but, whatever.

1 Like

This is true.

Hence why they’re working on Symmetra from ground-zero, why they stated that they may look into Torb, and why Reaper & Mei have been recently buffed with D.Va and Zen receiving slight nerfs. They’re focusing on other things because they already know Mercy is in a good spot so they don’t need to focus there.

This. 100% This. “We’re a majority you need to listen to us”. Nah-uh. We -NEED- to listen and respect the decisions that Blizzard makes.

A little under 18,000 replies have been made in the Megathread. The vast majority of those are replies that are posted constantly by a handful of people. It’s not 18,000 people, it’s 18,000 replies.

How big is the Overwatch community again? Oh yeah, over 30 MILLION players. But that’s fine because out of that 18,000 the (extremely vocal) minority in the megathread alone are saying that she’s “unfun”. Boo-hoo.

“She was reworked because she was unfun”
She was reworked because she was massively broken and you could climb ungodly amounts of SR by using a simple tactic with a broken ability needing very little communication.

“Everyone died time to press shift and then Q”
Which is basically what every ultimate does, but every ultimate wasn’t a guaranteed team-kill. So why is a guaranteed team-resurrect okay?

Sorry for the rant.

1 Like

I never said they were. I said I understand why people feel that way.

What I don’t understand is this constant bickering back and forth between members of the community who are acting like children. I don’t even read half the mercy threads because it’s been done before. Know what I do?

I ignore them. It’s quite the concept.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe it would be a lot harder to ignore the 15% of the playerbase that plays her.

I agree, ignoring them is phenomenal. But it’s hard to do so when you hit “Top” to see what the community is discussing every few hours, and there’s always a handful of Mercy threads -right there- with the same exact complaint.

It’s my opinion that we should just get a pinned message on the front of the forums that says “THESE HEROES ARE FINE” with a list and minor reasons as to why.

Then lock the mega-thread, and any thread that asks for a revert be simply locked and left to die.

If someone wishes to ignore an official response on a hero, they don’t deserve to be listened to. It’s the same concept.

Because they need a way to make the self entitled Mercy players shut up while they try to balance the game. This is the truth, i don’t think they will answer you, atleast for now, but they need you to stop spamming the forums because they have more important things to do than listening to the same whiny players complain about a strong hero.

There are more heroes than Mercy in the game you know? More heroes that require resources over Mercy who is in a good place right no.

I tend to live by “I don’t agree with what you say but I’ll defend your right to say it”. People can post about Mercy until they’re blue in the face. Nothing will probably change. But, if we want to be intellectually consistent, we can’t just remove every post about a hero that isn’t currently being looked at. There wouldn’t be much on the forums then. I think that people have the right to post their opinions. If I don’t want to hear it, I won’t read it. The extra turn of my mouse wheel won’t give me carpal tunnel.

That being said, Blizzard also reserves the right to put threads where they want based on their terms of service. And people should respect that.

Look, I’m not saying I think people should be posting outside the thread. Nor am I saying I like it. But, I objectively understand why the megathread seems odd. The hero’s they want to change and are looking at don’t even have a megathread.

1 Like

Blizz dont care.

They tried to make her good, forums QQ’d and gave them backlash like they have never seen.

they will not touch her for fear of this again.