The Mercy bias needs to stop guys come on

This community seems to have an obsession with Mercy, and whenever someone tries to argue that she needs toning down, they’ll immediately decline, with 0 reasoning what so ever.

Like, I personally really love Mercy players as they are in fact one of the nicest and sweetest players in OW, but like… if your hero requires nerfs, then I see no reason at all to why not nerf her.

I don’t care that she got nerfed to “oblivion” in the past, Idc that she lost her precious little “mass rez” (which, btw, was completely broken and busted, and people still seem to want it back to this day)

And, I certainly don’t care that she requires “skill”… yea, right… skill

Anyways… heroes like Ana, Genji, Doomfist, Sigma, Widow, all require “skill” , but did we hesitate to nerf any of those heroes? of course not, they were OP, everyone asked for nerfs, and the devs delivered.

So, my point is, if Mercy is too strong, even though she requires “sKiLL”
she still deserves to get nerfed, and you can’t argue with me on that, you’re welcome to do so, but I doubt you can give out a significant argument to this.

Enough bias, please, use facts and back them up with proof if you don’t want your hero to get nerfed, saying “no” or “nice bait” doesn’t imply that your hero should receive special treatment, if she’s doing too well, just like ANY other hero in the game, she’ll get nerfed, and that FACTS.

You’re welcome to have a discussion with me, but please make it a civil one, I don’t want an immature conversation.

20 Likes

The problem is people single out Mercy when other supports are doing better than her. If Ana is doing better in low ranks, and Baptiste is doing better in higher ranks. Why are Ana and Baptiste ok but not Mercy?

39 Likes

nerf both problem solved :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I whole heartedly agree, but people aren’t saying nerf Ana, Baptiste, and Mercy, they’re saying nerf Mercy.

3 Likes

Oh! again:

If a hero is OP, be it Ana or Bap or especially Mercy, they’ll get nerfed, and I see no reason for any sort of special treatment.

I see no reason as to why not nerf them.

6 Likes

I agree, but people aren’t saying to nerf Ana and Baptiste is the problem… If you don’t want to sound biased, you have to say everyone, I’ve seen plenty of people saying Mercy is not ok, but Ana is fine. When stastically Ana is doing better than mercy in most ranks besides Bronze and GM, and in GM Ana is almost tied with Mercy. She’s just as much as a problem.

1 Like

I don’t know i liked mass rez but i don’t think i could or want to go back valk is 100x stronger than mass rez flying and unlimited ammo aoe healing/boosting. I don’t know if i would like going back to mass rez, all it did taking it away was make everyone a tad more casious instead of going gun hoe.

If my own main hero is doing too well and is picked a lot, I wouldn’t be biased at all and admit like a true gamer that they are in fact, too strong and need toning down.

Props to you, for real. But even this thread says to nerf Mercy when others are doing better than her.

5 Likes

She’s soo overtuned
just a small dmg boost nerf won’t make her any less overtuned, but will make playing against spam damage less unbearable
It’s not like increasing her GA cooldown so positioning with her takes more skill… or decreasing hps back to 50 (which wouldn’t be a bad idea… since her heal is unlimited and way too consistent but still)

4 Likes

I am not really implying to “nerf” her.

My point is that a lot of Mercy players are biased towards their hero and refuse to admit that she is strong when she is doing too well, that’s the problem here man.

2 Likes

After the Zenyatta nerfs maybe, but until he got nerfed Mercy was sitting at 3rd in GM, and is still behind Ana in masters and below. Even now she’s not top dog anywhere.

Please explain when Ana got nerfed recently?
She was meta for several months and no nerf happened. Meta shifted and Mercy became Meta due to synergy, without any buffs or nerfs.
So neither Ana or Mercy got any changes and still shifted the meta.
That just clearly shows that neither of them are an issue and it depends on the meta.

9 Likes

Honestly the special treatment towards Ana is probably why so many people have a bad taste in their mouth, when a hero is shown preferential treatment, it leaves one suspect.

7 Likes

Mercy does not need toning down Because the problem are the damage dealers themselves, not the enabler. Ashe, Mccree, Widow, and hanzo were all viable well before mercy starting pocketing them, and the reality is ranged damage as a whole needs severe nerfs to restore some of overwatches original playstyle.

Mercy’s ability to enable dps really doesn’t matter. Yes, ashe and hanzo are stronger with a mercy but they are still ludicrously strong on their own and tanks cannot compete with their ridiculous spammy damage.

That’s the problem right now. It’s kind of ridiculous to think that the support that helps enable the problem is being targetted rather than the problem itself.

17 Likes

As a mercy main, I can agree with you there is a bias towards protecting mercy at all costs even when she needs a nerf. But I don’t agree on the part where you jokingly say mercy has skill. She does. She has mechanical skill. Her kit is easy but it’s all about her positioning and how she protects herself is how she’s skillful. Bad mercy players stand in one spot and because mercy barely has any abilities to protect herself that’s one of her flaws. But a skillful mercy will constantly be on the move and know which person to fly too and where to position themselves. That’s skill. Because even if you fly to a teammate they can still track you and kill you.

But yes, there is a bias towards protecting mercy that I don’t think we need to have.

3 Likes

So with this logic, Brig didn’t deserve a nerf during double shield since she also helped to enable that comp?

3 Likes

Baseline for Supports has to be set somewhere or we’re forever going to be stuck in a endless cycle of nerfs.

Mercy was universally considered (statistically as well) “fine” and even downright under-powered for ages until all of a sudden, the meta swung in her favor. Her damage boost has never changed (outside Hanzo/D.Va ults being unboostable and that tweak that nerfed projectile boosting in general) and her healing is still lower than it was for much of her non-meta early life.

The hard dominating Support right now is Zen and Mercy has always been his optimal pair so her current numbers are what one would expect. If he falls and she continues to dominate without him then prehaps outcry will be fair (though I’d still say Blizzard really needs to figure out a base line already and stop flip flopping on Support), but for now, people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

5 Likes

That’s not unique to Mercy though, people are inherently biased, I’ve seen Ana and Baptiste mains call for nerfs to Mercy while saying their heroes are fine.

8 Likes

No. She didn’t. Because you know what happened, after she got nerfed?

The same EXACT comp was meta, except brigitte was not there. She got replaced. That is a telltale sign that she was not the issue.

Same with now. If mercy were to be nerfed right now, the meta comp would remain the exact same, except mercy would be replaced.

8 Likes