The main problem with 6v6, and why it can't be the main mode

You aren’t really reading what I am saying. Or at the very least you aren’t really trying to understand it. That was not a complaint of missing a shot. That was an example of shared responsibility in a role.

Point being that tank doesn’t have anyone to share that responsibility. All the pressure for their role is on them. It doesn’t matter if the game is balanced around one tank. The pressure remains.

Puckmen, I am just going to stop answering at this point. I am not asking for tips on how to handle situations in game. I already know this. You are assuming my complaint is related to not knowing how to deal with the pressure or not understanding the job of the tank role. This is not the case.

I understand that all perfectly fine.

Imagine if I pointed out that I think it is a problem that my house only gets power when the solar panels on my roof get sun and that I think it would work better if it had a battery reserve to store the extra power.

Then you started advising me on how to position my solar panels to get optimal sun on them during sunny hours. It would be neither helpful nor show any sign that you are listening to the problem.

That is what you are doing right now. Unless you want to actually address what I am talking about this is pretty much where I stop answering you.

10 Likes

Isn’t that what they’re supposed to do? Lol

Just like you would expect them to retune all the characters (mostly tanks) so 6v6 could potentially work again

That’s called balancing.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Your only shared responsibility as tank, is to kill the enemy team. In doing so you are inherently making space for your team to play around.

Which is a responsibility shared amongst the whole team. their isn’t anything other the initial team push that is their exclusive job. And that happens naturally by just getting in range of the tanks primary fire/offensive cooldowns.

then you kill things in that space which something everyone is doing.

The exact opposite of what you’ve described is a huge issue in 5v5. For example Mei against D.Va, except she can’t use defense matrix since it’s a beam. Throw in Zarya, Symmetra, Moira, Brigitte, and so on, and D.Va is forced to switch. So now she has more defense matrix, more health, headshot damage reduction, knockback resistance, and feeds less ult charge, but it doesn’t matter. She’s as tanky as two tanks but still needs to swap. Tanks covering each others weaknesses was better than this.

3 Likes

D.va has this magical tool called Jets, that let her pick and choose which fights she wants to be in. And inherently has enough armor to win any 1v1 with a single beam hero.

Or can use said jets to flying around LOS breaks to avoid having to deal with say a zarya barrier or bapt lamp, and once it’s can just go after another kill.

This is actively what broke the game, and why 6v6 meta’s turned into mirror matches in nearly every case.

when you cover those weaknesses you are inherently removing their counter play.

I disagree. Even though you think it was better, did the playerbase agree? Did it draw enough people to the tank role to facilitate 2-2-2 with healthy queue times?

History says no.

That’s not counter play, that’s counter picking. How would you feel if a third of the cast got to damage Mei through ice block and every time you picked her the enemy team switched to them? Then when you suggest it’s bad I told you to use your wall and icicles at range.

Ya man OW is made with a lot of the same DNA as team fortress 2, where your suppose to pick characters that have an objective advantage over the characters on the enemy team.

That is counter play my guy.

mei can’t move while in ice block so like… they might as well my guy. Do to how easy it is to just set up traps and or wait out their cooldowns to come back on line.

like how would you feel if mei can still shoot you while in ice block, or just fly away from fights she can’t win. While also having like 700 hp with armor.

OP is a troll, do not feed the troll.

2 Likes

Defense matrix doesn’t make you fly, give you armor, or let you shoot for that matter. Beams make it so that defense matrix does nothing. You comparing different aspects of the heroes kit does not change that. D.Va can’t make ice walls, freeze enemies, or shoot icicles either. All defense matrix does against beams is prevent D.Va from shooting, so imagine that’s what ice block did.

12v12 meta lets gooooo

1 Like

That’s literally what teamwork is for.

3 Likes

What you are describing is nuance in interactions and making choices that matter.

Whereas right now we have this “hurrr durrrr, my tank hero better, you go swap now”.

1. 5v5 causes heroes to lose their identities.
  2. 5v5 caused characters to need to exist as hardcounters. (Think of sombra in order to keep ball and doom in check)
  3. 5v5 has caused the largest drop in tank players ever. Tank is 10% of the playerbase.
  4. 5v5 has caused the support roster to seperate into usseless supports and broken supports. Broken supports feel awful to play into and usseless supports feel awful to play with.
  5. 5v5 has caused an all time low skill ceiling to the point that even in pro play counterswapping can dominate.
  6. Speaking about counterswapping. In 5v5 counterswapping dominates over skill. And causes less player agency.
    5v5 is not working its barely functional
4 Likes

That’s a point of view. You can add for this list, why a shrinking tank players (and beginners) want a 6V6 :

-More strategic tactics
-Less counterwatch and don’t want to switch because they are sure to hard carry, but in the end, lost and complain about others

But all players knew that 5V5 is better for this :

-More visibility
-DPS queue time is shorter (no matter which hour you played)
-DPS is not forced to play Roadhog and Ball (because they are most damage / flank), making games less fun (only 1/10 gamers are good)
-most easy to balance (depending of POV of course)
-faster teamfight
-we already know if you’re a real tank player or not

If devs wants a 6v6 in arcade, I’m agreed. But, in QP as a 6V6… Well, dont’t cry if you have 20 minutes in DPS, get a ball/hog duo tank, more chaotic fight (blind and chaos), OTP Rein/Zarya who doesn’t care others, and double shield (even 4 with Brigitte and Symmetra)

The support role is what caused every problem 6v6 had. Oh, that’s right because it was never a format or queueing issue. Y’all will never accept reality.

1 Like

wow another undercover shill topic shilling for 5v5 by unpaid blizz interns and tank haters

3 Likes

part of why i main wrecking ball is because it is probably the least conventional way to play tank, but also probably the most fun way in the game to do it outside of picking reinhardt… unless i get counterpicked into oblivion and have to either swap or play mind games with a very angry enemy team

i really only find him at home in open queue though where i am not required to solo tank, because in role queue it is incredibly difficult to solo tank when enemy picks can very easily shut down most of your gameplay and force you to swap / play extremly defensively just to find value, especially if you are doin a good job

1 Like

Your first example with the winston bubble, 6 players melted the bubble. Except rein who could pin either winston or dva away… Or zarya who could bubble the dive target. Matrix only lasted what, 2, 2.5 seconds was it? Pretty sure it also had a slower regen but dont quote me on that.

2 tanks dealt with the 2 tanks. It wasn’t too difficult. It was higher risk, higher reward. Tanks died pretty quickly even without antinade, but had more options to survive via skill amd playing around other tank. Much more fun.

3 Likes

This is more of a subjective issue for you personally rather than an actual problem with 6 vs. 6.

Of course the enemy tanks are going to cover up each other’s weaknesses, and so it’s up to you and your team to work together and capitalize on the cracks in their structure.

I’d rather have what I just said than go back to spawn swap to oppressive counter and then prevent the big guy from playing the game.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems you just don’t like the idea of having your effectiveness come from coordination and critical thinking. :person_shrugging:

5 Likes