The Lucio emote is against Lucio’s nature

Hahahahahahahahahaha

“Everyone should be free to do as they please”

Yes, and what’s wrong with that and these current events? You’re free to not buy a $30 emote. That’s that.

Good point. Although I think it really should have been free as in purchasable with in game credits

Welcome to capitalism.

I mean, you can buy the Sovjet anthem on itunes.

1 Like

i came here thinking “but… he’s a dj?”

oh.

To be fair, you are free to do as you please in buying it or not.

1 Like

Oh the irony!!!

Yeah! How dare a for-profit company do something that gets them money!

2 Likes

Well it’s just that Lucio was fighting against Vishkar’s greed, and now Blizzard is using him for purposes of paid exclusives…

But then again, someone pointed out that Lucio is a DJ, so he needs corporations too…

The irony…

I’m afraid I have to break it to you, but lucio isn’t real. His story isn’t real. Blizzard created his story. Making an emote that you have to pay for has nothing to do with lucio’s character because his character isn’t real

1 Like

oh my…Nani???

1 Like

Are you implying there is another way to get it legally without paying money? Let’s not fuse the methods of obtaining Lucio emotes together, shall we…

It is “force” since Blizzard isn’t offering another means of getting the Lucio emote without paying for it. This is common sense just drowned by business propaganda. Not to besmirch the purpose for the price tag that was on the Mercy pink skin but this move from Blizzard seems to be the antithesis of that.

1 Like

I think that’s more of the issue. I don’t need it.
Why should I pay for it?
If I don’t really need it shouldn’t it just be for free?

Oh noes, Blizzard tries to make money out of their product ! The Horror ! How could they ! Also, obviously you need that emote in order to play Lucio. If you don’t get the emote before the end of month, Lucio will be locked. Right ? I mean … has to be at this rate of QQ Threads …

I’d rather pay a subs … say 1-2 bucks a month too, but alas the gaming industry decided to abandon that model for some reason … perhaps because of ALL THE WHINING ALL THE TIME.

Wow gee, I didn’t think of it like that. Of course they wanna make money, silly me… thanks captain obvious. Issue is the method not being something that provides remotely fair value for what you are buying. $30 is half the game’s cost for primarily a single emote. That’s disgusting and don’t you dare try to sugar coat it.

I’m just salty that I can’t have all the Lucio cosmetics anymore. I saved up coins for each event to make sure I could buy all Lucio’s cosmetics. (I kinda don’t count OWL team skins)

I second this. Lucio is by far my favourite hero in the game. both gameplay wise and as a character. brings joy to kids, cheerful, full of life. Now has content behind a paywall.

If it was OWL themed I would have no issue. The fact is. It isn’t.

Not impressed.

I certainly won’t be paying for it.

Sell us the green one for 10 usd.

we want to give them money for it.

we just don’t wanna buy things we don’t want just to get something we actually do.

not many people care to watch overwatch after they’ve already been playing it.

Well, I speculated that half the reason for the BCRF charity deal was as an experiment to see how much money players would be willing to hawk up just to get a cosmetic in the game. Guess the experiment was a success.

Can you believe it? a cancer trying to replicate and kill you? Absolutely despicable.

/s

Stating something’s reason for existence doesn’t justify everything it does towards that goal. We try and remove cancer, even though it’s just doing it’s job. We should call out blatant corporate avarice when we see it, or they’ll keep doing it.