The Last Call - An old way to pass the time, in this new age

So, you’re confused as to what you’ve just walked into… these forums are a large place after all… well, here’s a new take on an old tired idea.

This, is The Last Call.

As the name suggests, this is the last opportunity… the last chance… the last stop on this train’s route, and the last place you thought you’d end up in. A bar so to speak, or a speakeasy of sorts if you’re as kind as to treat it that way.

This is a place for all those wayward travelers, and ghostly pale night crawlers… a place to chat, yes… but much more than that.

You’ve known of all sorts of places in the past with fun atmospheres and lively good times… the Zen, the Overmoji… even the Little Vulpine for a short time. But this… this is something different.

Firstly, and most importantly… what is this exactly?
This is:

• A place to discuss general happenings and check in with users you enjoy the company of.
  • A thread attempting to promote better times, at least better than nothing.
  • Not purely roleplay/against any rules as far as I’m aware.

So, friends and new faces alike…
Welcome, to The Last Call.

Dust off your boots, hang up your coat, and leave your problems at the door… the tea’s brewing and the tables are set. It’s time we told a few stories for the hell of it.

For any newcomers, feel free to quote/answer this question: What was/were one or more of your all time favorite moments from your time with Overwatch? Either in-game or even here on the forums… your favorite moments thus far.

Or just say hello! Let’s hear your voice, let’s get to know one another… chat about who you main or why, perhaps favorite maps or sneaky places to hide.

I expect for you all to keep the place clean and make for civil discussion as much as you can… but most importantly, enjoy what time you do spend here… because this is all I hope to achieve. I wish to bring a little warmth and maybe some light to a place which often feels cold and dark… especially in these trying times. Only you can keep this train going, even if this is it’s last stop.

~ChibiFox :fox_face:

90 Likes

Hurray a new forum cafe appears out of the mist.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Yes, yes it does. Like a train in the night, I’ve invited you all to take a ride into the unknown.

5 Likes

A new café? What’s with the Vulpine Inn?

5 Likes

The Inn went inactive for months, I figured instead of necro-ing an old tired thread which had already been taken down by trolls, why not make a new one… the last one.

So here we are, this is the last call… I call upon all ye merry men, and all ye sinners of old. Let the fires burn, and tonight… let us be bold.

12 Likes

I’l up it more in the morning, I say morning because i’m still up at 6am, I will return later and try to be able to see this cafe succeed.

2 Likes

Ahh, seek rest… friend. As I always say, find rest… for you never know when you’ll get the next chance.

It is 6:36am for myself as well… but rest I do not seek.

I’ll light the candles and clean the seats… perhaps once, only once more, we’ll make this forum a lot less bleak.

:3c /hug dis fox of chibi x3

3 Likes

Ah perfect, the thread is just in time for whiskey o’ clock.

3 Likes

casually tips a bottle into your drink

It’s totally water, totally not anything but water. Really spicy water.

How are you, friend?

1 Like

It’s one of those days where the final exam was terrible but post test gaming sesh went well, and time sorta slows to a crawl and you sorta savor the moment before getting back on the grind the next day.

hbu?

3 Likes

I am well, which is rare… but I must admit, I relate in many ways to your situation.

To use one of my favorite quotes:

“My mind, rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation. That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world.”

2 Likes

It’s a good quote. Makes me wanna read the originals.

Gonna save this for when I eventually and unavoidably retire to academia or something.

3 Likes

Non-OW:

Im still only playing with friends rarely to avoid burnout. I have everything in the AC francise except Valhalla. 20 Euro for both Origins and Odyssey was a good deal. But i will play through Rogue first.

Today is a good day for Formula One. Grosjean who had a horrible crash last week got out from hospital, the son of Michael Schumacher will race from next season and my favorite driver from the worst teams will replace Hamilton for one race (The best car on the grid)

OW topic:

As the Sym event ended yesterday, i think next Tuesday we will get the WW event announcement. I hope for skin reveals.

Cant wait for the OW Christmas. Opening the 5 Loot Boxes, chilling on Kings Row, putting the Jeff Yule Log in the background.

2 Likes

This isn’t really related to discussion in this thread but can we just appreciate how well done and cute this animated short is:

5 Likes

Ahh, one of my all time favorite stories with zero dialogue. A true masterpiece, genuinely and deservingly.

This is going to be hype… I’m going to work out a “Winter” Skin set… which should be fun, as I have everything from every Christmas event already.

3 Likes

Ah… I remember my first christmas for OW, I went to a custom game and everyone was chilling on kings row winter. we were all just role playing, chatting, it was just so nice.

another nice experience was on the same map we were just chilling IN A COMP game because it was near christmas. honestly this is why people can be so awesome sometimes.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the Christmas truce of WW1… an interesting thought.

I’m likely going to be making custom games myself. I made one recently, though no one seemed interested… it was an attempt at recreating Mei’s snowball offensive. And I did a damn good job if I say so myself.

3 Likes

My man

4 Likes

That was just amazing. Despite all the war going on, how everyone was killing each other making everyone miserable, they still found a way to love each other.

If only it continued forever… The first world war was so unnecessary, it’s sad…

Aww, that sucks, maybe you just weren’t playing on peak time for your region? But I notice workshop is becoming less popular (apart from aim arenas and stuff like that), it is sad. I remember custom games used to be filled with chill servers, what is the code btw?

1 Like