The ingame Report/Feedback system is bad

Hi all,

The current ingame feedback system is actually bad and lacking. there needs to be more feedback options. here are some of them:

1/ Report the match itself:
sometimes a game goes totally wrong and becomes unfun, despite it not being the fault of the players. Maybe the matchmaking is bad or something similar. that game needs to be reported because it was a bad game, but we currently have no such possibility.

2/ Report bad performances of players:
This type of report should not result in any ban or penalty for the reported person, but it should help the matchmaking of the game.
i swear that some matches are basically 5v6 games because of how bad and out of context a teammate is.
Reporting a bad player numerous times can help putting him where he actually belongs.

That’s all i have in mind for now, feel free to suggest your own ideas down below

2 Likes

This is pretty much impossible because matchmaking doesn’t consider performance. It is way simpler than that and just uses an MMR value that goes up if you win and goes down when you lose.

I’d like if they introduced something like CS:GO has (ironically named Overwatch) where players can react to report cases and get to a concliusion.

That way, reports wouldn’t be automated.

Voice chat should be recorded IMO into the replays such as text chat so when someone’s being toxic there’s proof and this “Overwatchers” can take action against them

Ironically I used to play a lot of CS:GO (over 3k Hours) but switched to OW because I find it even more fun and, here we complain about lack of content and communication, but in Valve it’s even worse, only releasing overpriced cosmetics like knives - that’s literally the only content - and some community made maps that make it into battle passes which I DESPISE because, well, the whole state of CS:GO is a complete other story full of bs and bad decisions not to talk about the cheating problem but it’s another game and going into details is not important here.

HOWEVER even with that there are things from CS:GO that would be awesome having in OW (like the Overwatch report system, a better scoreboard, being able to copy crosshairs and a bunch of other stuff) and I just don’t know why devs don’t add those things, it would be huge QoL updates.

Speaking of which, I made a megathread including all the QoL we as a community could think of and spent a lot of time, love and effort into making it as clear as I could so maybe someday the devs read it and make a greater game. Feel free of checking it out:

Im too worried the second option would get hella abused and if enough meanies reported an innocent person who actually plays really good but they got mad cuz he killed them, he would end up being put with bronze players cuz he was reported as “not being too good.”

I think they should never put humans in charge of handing out punishments. This current system with an AI handling it is much better. AI has no feelings, no friends, no nothing.

A human is biased. Ive known some games in the past where they had official Admins who handled all reports, employees of those games companies. And basically they abused their power alot, banned innocent people for their own benefit etc. Surely if you let a human handle these things sooner or later they will ban someone just because that someone killed them in a match.

1 Like

I get your point, but in CS:GO that’s not how it works at all.

You could search it up if you’re interested, the name is called Overwatch ironically enough, I’m too lazy to explain it all but basically once you get nova rank you’re able to see “reports” and your conclusion+ (I believe it’s other 9 people? making it 10 in total) is what decides what happens to the reported player.

You even get a final ticket where you put whether you find that the player had inappropiate / trolling behaviour or was cheating plus a bunch of other stuff.

The people that get to see this reports are all random players btw, none are payed employees.

And I believe you also get some kind of XP boost once you finish one “Overwatch” report

PS. I can also tell you automated report system is an exploitable failure and some people report others for fun or whatever some players get suspended accounts for no reason other than an exploitable report system biggest example of this being TreeBoyDave

I see. Well that would require alot more input than just one random person handing out a ban. If 10 people agree the person should be punished and they are random too so they cant be some friends co-operating together… Then that could actually be a somewhat good system.

I think you explained it well.

Though 10 people agreeing a person should be punished is to an extent equal to someone getting alot of reports and the game punishing them automatically. I get with this CS:GO system people could get punished for just 1 report, but we all misbehave sometimes… As long as its not extremely consistent, nobody gets a punishment. And well I think thats still kinda better than getting punished over a single report that just happened one time and then you were good for like 3 weeks. :thinking:

1 Like

I think that‘s how the SR works, not the MMR

I think they already have their own metrics. Good players have good stats in terms of kills and damage and healing. So if they are reported for being bad, it just doesn‘t make sense.

i forgot to mention another idea in this post. it needs to be a “report the smurf” button, so that smurfs climb to high ranks as quick as possible