The Hypocrisy with Mercy/Why a Rework would be healthier for the game

I disagree. Any sort of mass resurrection I would consider OP. The ability to revive an entire team is the definition of OP. Also, I am not talking about just this thread. I am also talking about threads that say 50 HPS is too little, smaller cool down for rez, and some other more obscure, wild ideas. The reason the -10 HPS nerf happened (for example) was to make her not OP. Additionally, valkerie on E I believe is overpowered as well

Oh yes, I know.

This is precisely why I’ve suggested drawbacks and further counterplay to Res on Q. :slight_smile:

Someone once told me that we have a 0% chance of success.

I replied with “Those are the best odds I’ve seen in a while.”

I disagree.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you were here before the rework, but she was actually underperforming with it as her ultimate.

You haven’t played the game before her rework then. Or else you would’ve knew that old Mercy with mass Resurrect was considered underpowered. So underpowered, they ended up giving a buff to mass Resurrect.

Funny enough that might have been me lol, we’ve discussed this many times that’s why I honestly respect you more than anyone on this thread and your drive is commendable, futile but commendable

Once upon a time I told you the state of the game would dictate who’s winning and you agreed, well, I’m winning right now, maybe in the future the tide will change and you’ll be on top bur my opinion is that the current state of Mercy is the best we can hope for

You should join ComedyCentral.

Good, I just wanted to make sure. too many of these types of posts are requesting her to be a must pick OP healer again, which is the opposite of what blizzard (and most of the community) wants.

I mentioned this here because I think:
A. Any type of mass rez may be OP (in my opinion)
B. Valkerie on E is OP as well (and would kinda make the ability where she flies to someone useless, sorta) and it would also make lucio and moria and other “mass healers” or “AoE healers” bad once more. Mercy should stay as a single heal target only (in my opinion).

Thank you for not just trying to make her OP (like so many mercy threads are)

1 Like

It really isn’t… Fortunately, we’ve seen how mass Resurrect has played out in Overwatch and we can confidently say that she was underpowered with mass Resurrect.

Of course, I acknowledge that the old Mass Res really did feel unfair and at times it could be pretty strong. It lacked initial counterplay mostly, which my suggested changes provide.

Also Valk on E is actually far more balanceable than Res. It could give Mercy burst utility that she needed before the rework.

I feel like this argument just got 10x as formal.

Also… I don’t think it was you who said that.

I know that and I have been here since season 3, and I always thought it was OP. Also, despite “underperforming” she was OP and a must pick healer. If you didn’t have a mercy you lost.

I actually have sir. Just I personally have never thought Mass rez was a good idea. (This is all my opinion, remember. no need to accuse me of ignorance because you disagree with my opinion)

Again, I disagree. My opinion.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. In my opinion, a mass rez really is disheartening for the other team, especially when they clearly won the fight a lot of the time. It did feel unfair a lot, at least for me. That is why I actually prefer 1 man rez much more.

I disagree with the valk on E, simply because we are trying to make other healers viable too. Assuming valk on E would have chain healing, why would I pick lucio or moira when I could just use valk for a little mass healing? To make it fair, it would have to have a HUGE cool down, which would then make the ability useless.

1 Like

yeah definitely not the chewed out quote but I did state that there would be no way for anything that you proposed to be implemented and so far, it has been true

I do suggest if you haven’t read my suggestions, you do it now.

For example with Valk, I suggested to greatly reduce everything it provides to make it better fit for a CD ability.

You really shouldn’t get all defensive. I mean, you’re giving your opinion in general discussion. Also, why are you giving your opinion when it is a literal fact that she was underpowered with mass Resurrect? Actually, nvm. Don’t answer that.

I have read your suggestions. The problem is balance. Overpowered and Underpowered. Making valk an E ability would have to have such a fine line of balance it would be near impossible to make everyone happy.

I’m not getting defensive. I’m just reminding you that I too am a human being with different opinions. I’ve seen you on many threads, and it seems like you can forget that a lot (I’ll be honest, I do too).

Also, it is not a literal fact that rez was underpowered. It could resurrect entire teams, which I think is an unfair and unskillful addition to a game like overwatch. Also, she has been 100% overpowered until the latest -10HPS nerf. From launch to then, she has been OP and a must pick. Even most mercy’s I’ve talked to her admit that.

No need to make comments like “actually, nvm. Don’t answer that.” I mean, you’re giving your opinion in general discussion. Don’t post your comment responding to me if you don’t want a response yourself :slight_smile:

I agree, it’d be a little difficult to balance, partially because it enhances everything but Res, but in no way as difficult as CD Res. Plus, I did provide an alternative. Removing Valk entirely for a better ability like a cleanse.

In all honesty, I think any correlation between my balance proposals and Blizzard’s balance changes is a coincidence. I once proposed that Doomfist gain 35 shields/hit with his abilities rather than 30, and that was added. Whether that was because I proposed it, I have no idea. I’d like to think it was. I’m willing to bet money that it wasn’t.

Maybe that will change with my latest thread, but who knows?

2 Likes

It was objectively underpowered. Whether “you think” it was or not is irrelevant. Her pick rates at higher tiers, and the fact that pre-rework Mercy was consistently buffed with every balance patch because she was underpowered proves that.

Plenty of lower ranked players think Bastion is overpowered. Doesn’t mean he is. The same deal goes for Mercy 1.0. Plenty of players who didn’t know how to counter her well thought she was OP, but she was not. They just didn’t know how to take advantage of her weaknesses. Additionally: resurrecting an entire team was a rarity, despite Mercy having the potential to do so on paper. It was more likely that a Mercy would only be rezzing 2-3 people at a time.

Most things sound OP on paper but fortunately we’ve already experienced what mass Resurrect was like. I, someone who’s mained Mercy since season 3, can confidently say that she was underpowered.

Well since you’d continue to say it’s your opinion I didn’t think I would need to hear it again.

Once made a thread asking for a angst, sadistic teenage boy main healer. I’m like the opposite of human🤷🏻‍♂️