The hypocrisy of "skill"?

I agree with the OP about this community hypocrisy but the star difficulty can be seen in game with I think pressing left on the D-pad

1 Like

When you press F1 at any time during a match it does.

If you don’t like the way the game is designed from the ground up maybe consider the game not to be for you?

3 Likes

I’m afraid you completely skipped my whole post and only caught yourself on one line. Maybe I’m wrong, however: the star system is in overwatch wiki, not in the game itself. I don’t remember being told by the game when I picked Mercy “watch out, this is a no skill low difficulty hero”

3 Likes

I love your name btw ^.^

3 Likes

PRESS F1 DURING A MATCH AND SEE IT. Jesus.

2 Likes

It’s in the game

I literally replied to your post my main points I didn’t skip it

1 Like

Overwatch was never a truly high mechanical skill game but one of match of knowledge and game sense. I dont think its fair to measure a heros viability based off arbitrary “skill”.

Brig players get a lot of flak but imagine if that enemy Brig player is coordinating with her Rein for a stun shatter or a stun into anti-nade. It may not be mechanically demanding but the angles that you allowed them to take permitted them to do so, which is a skill in an of itself.

Same can be said for just about any hero in the game or any synergy.

15 Likes

I’ve never pressed that. My bad if it’s there.

Still my point of the post stands, as low difficulty doesn’t necessarily equals “skill” that I’m talking about in OP. As someone pointed out here, there are heroes that are easy to access but have a learning curve.

This is a general reply not to you: I do think that those that are harder to learn should have a bigger impact in the game, however I believe that is currently more true than false. Otherwise Mercy would still be a must pick :hugs:

1 Like

Disagree hitting headshots is more difiicult in ow then in other fps because other fps charakters slow down when they spam a-d.

What you are describing is game sense, knowing when the enemy shatter comes and reacting accordingly, a zarya perfectly timing her bubble so the shatter does not come through is a skill, because not only does she have to aim her ability, no she also has to react fast enough, be in the right position and the ability needs to be off cooldown.
A brig just needs to step in with her shield up, so no risk and then has to hit leftclick to stun a rein.
Thats not much.

4 Likes

Exactly! Absolutely agree

People wanted Mercy and Symmetra dead because they were ’’unskilled and braindead’’ and they got what they wanted. Both heros are bad and extremly boring, i hope they don’t listen again to these people and destroy her just like they did with others before

10 Likes

the game is my favorite of all time, almost. just stop making easy heroes OP. they balanced junk and mercy, all thats left is brig/goats.

its still fun and my group is still climbing

1 Like

Game development 101…

Because that’s the way things should be?
If i’m playing something 5 times as difficult as what you’re playing in a competitive setting but only get rewarded equally when i mastered my character, then what is even the point in playing whatever i’m playing?

More difficult heroes shouldn’t be a glorified hardmode option. With a harder option comes more risk. And with more risk should come more reward.
There should be a reward for picking up the heroes that actually require thought and input over braindead easy ones.

2 Likes

The irony and hypocrisy is from players who think picking a “high skill” hero entitles them to easy wins. Which would by definition mean the hero wasn’t high skill…

15 Likes

Good point.

If its for easy wins or climbing the ladder fast i would choose brig or mercy.

People complain about this too.

What point, exactly, is it that you think you’re making?

Go into Hero gallery and see for yourself just how wrong you are.

For sure, I’d take Forum Brig or Forum Mercy, but I find the in-game versions to be somewhat different.

But, I’m talking about people who pick Genji and cry when they lose. They just don’t accept that they don’t have the necessary skills to play that hero, and feel that because they picked a ‘harder hero’ they’re worthy of greater rewards.

That’s not how the game works, you don’t get a handicap for picking hard mode, you literally just make it harder for yourself.

13 Likes

Bit of an exaggeration here? I have not encountered many smurfs, and I highly doubt 50% of your games have smurfs. I know mine sure don’t. The percentage is probably more around 2%

2 Likes