The hidden forum features, can we get them?

There are two hidden features we know are on these forums and we dont have access to

• private messaging
  • Polls

Polls existance are evident by one of jeff kaplans posts, one of the very first in the forums in fact, about “what is your favorite map”, the thread can be found Right here

This can be added as a trust level 3 perk, if you want to i guess

The other one, private messaging, a bit harder to prove because i dont have any examples right now to show, but if you ever either were

• Flagged too much
  • had a thread deleted.
  • Suspended

You’d see a green notification (also known as the green notification of the ban hammer) and that is the private messaging active, which apparently only the system has access to

I feel like we could use these features, the polls are useful to get a general opinion to potentially base future arguments onto

And the private messaging to just…talk to fellow forum members, about anything really

Now i can already see one possible issue with this private messaging “People would use it to harass eachother!”…and for that i say:

• we already have flagging for that

• we can add a block feature to prevent further private messaging

On a more suggestion based idea…why not get a chatroom up in here too?

12 Likes

I do not like private messages because I am always scared that I got banned instead of a private message. That is just some unnecessary stress.

Polls are dope, tho.

I mean thats because they are currently only used for bans

If they werent used only for that, you wouldnt get paranoid

1 Like

Hey its me, your friendly neighbourhood banned man. Back at it again with almost being banned permanently. Again. and im here to say

BE PARANOID. Theyre alreays watching, always waiting. Be careful, for one false move youll end up like me.

You forgot to put the invite feature on there

Invite feature can be used already by us lol

I just invited you

I abuse invites too much XD

1 Like

I once tried to invite jeff kaplan to a thread

Spoiler he didnt come

1 Like

He probably hasn’t logged on to see it

I don’t blame him, if I were a dev I would just delete these forums by now

1 Like

f
for our fallen comrade

Umm why not add them?

Given how challenging and how few members there are in TL3 I don’t see why we shouldn’t gain access to polls and/or private messaging to be fair. If someone abuses these features then just punish them, simple as that. I don’t see what further and potentially serious complications there could be from allowing TL3 access to these features, at least. I imagine there’s a reason though, something us forum folk haven’t considered.

This poll doesnt look like a forum feature, is it?

Ah ok, I found how to create polls but it says “Youre not allowed to create polls”.
Neither Im allowed to post pics or gifs. Poor life of person who had suspensions in the past.

1 Like

Those features would be cool, particularly the poll option.

But the features I’d like to see are features like a real ignore option that removes users from my sights entirely, and the option to filter or mute threads without having to actually go into the thread and muting it.