The guy who gets cheaters banned (& how blizzard doesn’t care if you cheat)

A quick video from theScore esports showing how someone is trying their best to get cheaters banned & as a side effect exposing how blizzard doesn’t care if you cheat.

3 Likes

Dude, what are you doing? I was watching video in your first topic and you deleted it…

1 Like

Yeah sorry about that. The forum is playing up on my phone & I ended up reposting it thinking it had been deleted. So I deleted one of the post to reduce spam. My bad!

1 Like

Gamerdoc doesnt have to follow any kind of rule like blizzard staff. So Its kind of hobby for him, but its something else to work in blizzard. I dont udnerstand why you wrote “blizzard doesnt care”. They obviously do care because they did massive ban wave as it is said in video. Its probably just not that easy to fight it as everbody think.

Btw I visited gamedoc discord once, its just for top players so kind of elitistic.

Of course blizzard care about cheaters as they are damaging their game, saying how they dont care doesnt make sense at all. Not really fair to them.

1. I wrote that because it’s kind clickbaity
  2. as they said in the video it took him to basically threaten blizzard with exposing the source code for them to actually step up and do something.

On a side note, I know quite a few people who have cheated in blizzard games over the years without repercussion.
I even used to have a house mate that had multiple wow account to bot & cheat in wow many years ago. He never once got a ban or even a warning for the years of doing it.

You are right when you say

They may care but the fact they don’t do anything gives the impression they don’t care. It’s most likely there resources are focused else where. As a business they make more money working on new project then they do banning & stopping cheaters.

I suggest you to read this:

1 Like

Where are those stats from?
Blizzard doesn’t release numbers of players or the amount of people banned.

Without know the numbers of players, saying they banned 500 people one month is that 0.01% of the player base, is it 10% of the player base?
How long have these people been actively cheating before they did anything? Have these accounts been actively cheating for a few years or are they fresh accounts?

It also doesn’t tell us how many of those account are banned for cheating. 99% of them could be fore toxic behaviour.

As far we know, those stats are all just made up.

They do in Korea even with battle tags if I am not mistakes because their law allow it and is a lot against cheaters.

I dont know , just something I found. but ok ,here you have something official:

2 Likes

That’s great to see blizzard give numbers for once. But as the post in the link stats

“ This includes abusive chat and gameplay sabotage. Over 7,200 accounts have been actioned on January 2nd.”

This doesn’t mean they are banned for cheating.

They have probably lists for cheaters too, I am not not that interested into finding it honestly.

My point is something different, blizzard obviously care, but they can do only so much that goverment and law will alow them as you can see in explenation Wyoming mist provided:

"It should be noted that Korea is a far more engaged culture when it comes to PC gaming, and this is a common practice in that culture. Here in western markets, the culture is different and in most cases (but not always) it is more appropriate to not give actioned players any public acknowledgement to their offense."

Its similar bs as “suprised mechanics” if you know what I am talking about. Its hard to do anything about these things if goverment dont really support fight against it.

There is nothing in the law stopping them from doing what they do in Korea.

The cultural difference just means they can more relaxed in the west without reacting to cheaters.

But hey, continue to do what you always do & defend blizzard Activision.

Are you 100% sure about that? I am pretty sure someone would sue them pretty fast in US if they would release list of cheaters with battle tags publicly.

I dont defend Activision blizzard, I defend blizzard. Take away your activions glasses…

So you can sue anyone for anything but that does mean they will win or it’s illegal.
And the west isn’t just America. There are plenty of western countries out side of America that play this game.

Yes and it would probably end up the same, with people suing them. its probably even more serious in EU with bs like GDPR. They have lawyers, dont you think they would already do same if there wasnt any risk involved?

Since you know so much about this, what would they be suing them for?

“Blizzard Activision public names my account for cheating/ breaking three tos”

Seems like a legit reason to sue them.
Btw you clearly have no understanding of what the GDPR is & what it’s suppose to achieve.

In China and Korea, cheating is a serious breaking of law. For the biggest acts of cheating you would go to jail there.

2 Likes

I am tired of this discussion, I said what I wanted to already. I provided proof that they do care about banning people who cheat or are toxic. Different aproach in different region can tell you a lot.

Yeah, as Starlod said above. Instead of talking about it on bn gaming forums try to do something about it in real world, force your goverment to take cheating in video games seriously and microtransactions/pay to win tactics too.

I am done here, it doesnt matter what I say, you will keep saying how I defend activion and support their tactics. I hate paid to win stuff, I dont like bs like “suprised mechanics” (EA) and I dont like activion as they have too much influence over blizzard, they should never marge. But what ever man, keep talking about me as “activision supporter”…

1 Like

It’s all good, just know you haven’t given any real proof of blizzard caring & reacting to CHEATERS in the west.
Anyway I’m sure you will continue to defend blizzard Activision like you tended to do.