The game doesn't stutter anymore after Busan update

Hello,

My system is: i7 6700k @ 4.5ghz / GTX 1070 / 16 GB Ram @ 3k hz

I made a topic about my fps and stuttering problems a month ago. Let alone in QP or Comp, the stuttering was there all the time even in the practise range.

I didn’t change anything (Same settings, same internet and same drivers) and for some reason it’s gone now with the new patch.

I guess this stuttering was on Blizzard’s side all along. I wonder if it’s only me who had those stutters before the new patch. Even though there are some rare but light fps drops at times, it looks better now.

I really hope Blizzard will try to optimize the game rather than adding new skins.

I’m currently playing with everything on low and %75 render scale and sometimes it still feels clunky during big fights. I guess that’s about the third SIM level, which feels like lag spikes.

try windows version 1709. It fixed it for me but I still have to reset OW every few matches or so to make sure input lag doesn’t creep in. I get a constant 3.5-4.5 input lag no matter what.

1 Like

Im assuming that’s Ms? If it isn’t, I don’t see why input lag is a problem, anything under 10 is acceptable

yeah, i’m saying that is good. But if it’s spiking to 8 or 9 it really becomes hard to widow especially

I noticed this too!!!
I want to chip into this thread and give a HUGE thank you to Blizzard for fixing up the frame dips.
Was going crazy with it. I’ve been playing way longer sessions without noticing any lag. Maybe I’m viewing it with rose-tinted glasses at the moment, but I’m 90% certain whatever was causing the issues got fixed.

Wow that actually makes sense. I remember the game being smoother before. Did you have more input lag with the newest windows updates before you reverted to version 1709?
If you had more, was the third value spiking up to 20’s sometimes? Because mine jumps to 28 sometimes, despite stable high fps.

im still having issues…

Do you have an high end system? I recommend you to optimize your windows 10 fully. Go to youtube and just type “windows 10 optimization”. You probably already know about nvidia settings.

Other than that, right click on Overwatch.exe —> Properties —> Disable full screen optimizations (make sure this option is marked).

Stutter for me is ever present, and I don’t even use win 10 to minimize problems.