I was playing with a friend and i got the infamous rendering device thing so i closed the game and re opened it. Usually it lets me rejoin the match, but this time it didnt, and my friend completed the game without me. In the meantime, i could look for a new game but when i did, i was already in the group with my friend that was still playing and the game bugged and he had to choose a role mid game. It was weird, but in the end, he won the game and got his points, while i lost some sr for no reason. it was a frustrating experience, wanting to rejoin the game and being unable to. I would appreciate some help with my issue, i get the rendering device crash a lot lately.
Greetings Daddy76 and welcome to the forums. The message “Your rendering device has been lost.” is Overwatch’s unique error message of when your graphics card shuts down during Overwatch’s operation. There are wide variety of causes behind this. First if you use a NVidia RTX 20X0 series graphics card, there is an ongoing issue that can result in this error. Thankfully there is a workaround solution available until they can completely fix this problem.
If you do NOT own a RTX graphics card, DO NOT attempt to use the workaround solution listed above, instead please follow these standard troubleshooting steps:
If these steps do not work and you need more assistance please post a DxDiag file so we can learn more about your specific computer setup.
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type DxDiag and press Enter.
- In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
- Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
- Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:
Paste your DxDiag File Here