The fundamental problem with Brigitte

That is not how it works in this game. I love to play Winston simetimes. But ni matter how much I want to play him - I will not play him if enemy team has decent Reaper. Because I understand the concept of countering. I love to play Pharah but I never play her if enemy team has great hitscans like McCree or Soldier or especially a good Widow. Why? Thats right, because I understand the basic concept of countering.

It is okay to enjoy some certain heroes. But if you play them when you are clearly countered - it is your fault, not fault of hero that destroys you.

1 Like

It’s a little different with Brig:

A. Brig is too easy to counter with. You have to be a great Widow to counter a Pharah. Brig can easily wipe her counters with no skill.
B. Brig is too effective a counter. Most counters are not hard and fast; you can play into them if you do it carefully and your team supports you. Brig totally owns her counter-victims.

I mean, the whole problem can be summarized as this; Brig wipes all of the short range DPS heroes, which should realistically be some of her best counters.

No, you don’t need to be great,. All you need is to be able to shoot. Just like all you need is to be able to shoot as Reaper to counter Winston.
Just like all you need to counter as Brig is to close the distance and be able to hit target.

Every hard counter totally owns their counter-victims. Decent Winston has little to no chances against decent Reaper. Decent Pharah has little to no chances against decent Widow. Decent backline supports have little to no chances against decent Winston. Decent Brigitte has little to no chances against decent Pharah or Junkrat.

You are simply wrong. She is a queen of melee. She counter melee by being better as melee hero.
She is countered by range and splash damage. Almost hard countered, tbh.

1 Like

But the short range DPS have nothing but their combat ability. They should not be hard-countered by a hero who brings a tank and a support to the party, too.

Or, to put it another way - if being the king of close range combat isn’t the point of Reaper, what the hell is?

That makes very little sense. Brigitte’s strength is up close. It therefore follows that distance should be her weakness. That’s balance 101.

Exactly this!
Instead of nerfing Tracer and buffing Torbjorn, you know, the “high mobility hero” counter, they gave us brigitte…

How’s this for balance 101: If Hero A is a close range fighter who does literally nothing else, and Hero B is a close range fighter who is also a healer and does some other stuff, Hero A has to be better at being a close range fighter or they have literally no point at all.

Brigitte’s shield bash needs a 10s cooldown or she needs to walk much slower with her shield up. She’s not meant to be played like a dps, she’s meant to be played like a support/tank hybrid. She shouldn’t be fragging out as much as she does.

There’s a reason she has the highest winrate out of all the supports, and that’s going to be very clear once Zen drops out of the meta.

She does not bring tanks and support to the party. She is a true hybrid, she can do all things but does not excels at any. She can tank, but she is weaker than real tanks. She can deal damage, but she is more limited than other DPS heroes. She can heal, but her healing is much lower and not as reliable as other healers.

Are you new here? He is a tank buster. Always was. Always will be. He is a pretty straightforward hero, he has a one job - to kill tanks. I mean, he never was good against other DPS heroes. Mei destroys him in close range. McCree destroys him even on close range.

1 Like

So you’re angry that Brigitte does a good job against flankers like Reaper. Well, you could switch to heroes like Junkrat, Soldier, Pharah, Symmetra, McCree or her other counters.

1 Like

I don’t even play any of the heroes she dunks on, but it’s a general game problem, and it brought us the sniper meta.

except a braindead junkrat can counter tracer, on accident, without completely obliterating every other piece of balance and power in Overwatch.

A good Sombra can also counter tracer. A less good Sombra, could counter tracer if you could hack while getting shot.

Also McCree.

So yeah… I guess I don’t see your point/problem.

I can tell you from experience then that the Reaper-Brigitte matchup feels more like 50-50. Good Reapers are trouble, as they burst you down pretty quickly.

It’s clear that you’re infuriated over the fact that Brigitte exists. My suggestion would be to deal with her by utilizing her counters, just like every other hero in the game. Engaging in over-the-top hyperbole on the forums isn’t going to be productive.

Don’t worry. Some recent nerfs for Hanzo and Widow will help.

And not only them. You should not forget about Hammond who destroys snipers and they cannot even reliably headshot him.

Just be patient, every meta is temporary.

1 Like

Brigitte has a +7% win rate across all ranks. Stop being a biased bitch.

Plenty of times.

Fun fact, in higher up games he’s even being used more than Brig is.

Every pro team dedicates their designated DPS players to play Brigitte.
That’s very telling tbh.

Cool. I can’t wait for the uncontested nobody in this game does anything except Brigitte meta.

At least if they nerf everyone else and Brigitte still utterly wrecks people it’ll be time to finally do something about it. (or not. Sometimes the decisions from the balance team just baffle me.)

I just watched four hours of the highest level Overwatch there is. Brigitte was seldom featured, and when she on the roster she was neither oppressive nor dominating. You may want to rethink your crudely-stated assertion(s).

My suggestion to you would be to learn to play her counters. Start with Junkrat. He is very, very easy to achieve success with. Once you get good with him, move on to a hero like Pharah. She’s a nightmare for Brig. Soldier, McCree and Symmetra are also good choices.

1 Like