The FOMO in this game is genuinely awful

tHeY’rE jUsT sKiNs” zzzzzzz be quiet

I love skins. I’m a collector. Since I started playing in 2016, I’ve collected every single one of a certain hero’s cosmetics whom I won’t mention because it’s embarrassing. In OW1, they released holiday-exclusive skins that you could only purchase during the relevant holiday event. This was fine, because it was guaranteed you would get the stuff when the event came back around again.

Now in OW2, skins are released randomly in this god awful new shop. They will drop a completely random skin bundle they feel like dropping with no consistency whatsoever. I genuinely despise this, because if I’m away and literally can’t get to the game before the shop rotates again, the skin is gone again and now I’m just waiting for another unknown amount of time for it to come back.

This might seem ridiculous to some of you but I like being able to collect things without the FOMO factor. It is yet another scummy marketing tactic to pressure people into buying something while it’s available. It’s gross.

2 Likes

You are the ideal customer to them. FOMO stinks but they got you right where they want you.

1 Like

I’m aware. Just pointing out one of my least favorite things about this “sequel”.

I think this is a genuine complaint about the shop that I agree with. It’s better than the people complaining just because they cant resist from buying cosmetics.

Having to wait for certain skins that might take years to come back is just dumb, especially when the shop is so tiny and there are so many cosmetics.

2 Likes

Yeah. I might be okay with the current setup if the shop was much bigger and put up way more stuff than it does now, just so certain skins have a chance to come up more frequently.