"the fairest battlepass ever" - flats 2022

Did the math for a free premium BP. With a maximum possible 60 coins available for free each week from challenges (as far as we know), the most you could accrue in a 9 week season for free is 540. It would take 16 and a half weeks, at minimum, of CONSISTENT weekly grinding to get one battlepass for free every 2 seasons (missing every other battlepass).

I think it was said somewhere that the premium tracks give coins, but cannot source, so it miiiiight be a tad easier to get the next battlepass free if you go premium and grind it out.

And these challenges arent easy, some of them are WIN 20 matches, losses not counting for anything. The easiest one i saw was win 7 in arcade matches. And you would need to complete 11 challenges every week in different playlists to max out your free coins, and lord knows they probably wont let you progress multiple challenges at once.

Not to mention, whether you buy or earn the battlepass, it gets taken away at the end of each season regardless.

And the shills are calling this system “fair”, nay, “the fairest battlepass ever” according to flats.

64 Likes

You are always supposed to buy 1 premium battle pass and then you should be able to have all other seasons free.

Making money from free battle pass easily to buy premium is something i have never seen so it seems fair so far.

But the winning challenges is dissapointment, it should be games played… sometimes you lose 80% of the games, sometimes you win 80% of the games, even if you are good and have a 55% winrate,!so forcing challenges to wins is stupid imo because it can be frustrating in “unlucky” weeks.

14 Likes

Flats is a businessman.
He still has to pay his student loans.

Blizzard partners are biased reviewers. So he should not be stated as a reference.

94 Likes

Just as expected the guy is a shill.

5 months grind just to get a single battlepass and then repeat if you want to get another one. Not to mention grinding the battlepass itself.

37 Likes

they got paid to comment the battlepass on positive note

or they didn’t know how battlepass works like at all

you guys should check how karq force people to see that this battlepass is not bad at all

27 Likes

They probably want you to pay for season 1 and 2 BP so you can get every hero every other battle pass pass

Free early income

He has a vested interest in OW2’s success and he knows the community is reacting badly to it. I kinda feel bad for them. They stuck with OW and got starved for content for 3+ years, their audiences slowly dwindled, and now they get delivered a glorified update with a terrible anti-consumer monetization system.

I still watched all his videos until recently when he started shilling for this nonsense, which unfortunately is pushing me away from a few other OW CCs too. Hopefully they retain some of the Fortnite audience, but I doubt it.

28 Likes

I mainly watched flats, and freedo from YourOverwatch. Their recent comments have driven me away from both of them. Stylosa seems to be talking some sense, but he’s not part of that uber-special inner-circle discord server with the Devs, so im not sure what impact he can have unfortunately, but my prime sub can go to him now if he streams on twitch.

35 Likes

The fairest battlepass in existence afaik is rocket league. Same principle of reimbursement (you did well on this one blizz, gj!), but also you get recolors of everything battlepass related once you’ve finished it. So that’s pretty cool. Imagine like the same legendaries/epics, but it’s got some of the details/accents in a different color.

2 Likes

i dunno why but stylosa is not the worse with the current shill trend

stylosa even thinking blizzard won’t hold their word about mythic skins won’t return even by far saying they will put it on item shop which…is well that will happened on future

3 Likes

Yeah. Stylosa seems to be on point. I never really watched Samito, but he seems to be on point with the BP as well. People definitely underestimating how much a difference this will make.
https://i.imgur.com/cWMDCV1.png

2 Likes

10$…30 minutes of working at a real job and I get entertainment for multiple months, sounds good to me

I know others think this is too much and every game along with everything inside it should all be free forever, but I don’t

8 Likes

The issue was never about money, the issue was always about hero behind paywall in BP, whatever the system i just cant get behind it.

It just dissolves competitive integrity on so many levels.

You can even have a 500$ skin for whoever wants it i dont care keep it to cosmetics.

Have your BPS etc

just fracking let the hero out of it.

29 Likes

God I love how predictable the comments are:
Due to those particular streamers saying something that doesnt fit my narrative, they cant be trusted.

Hardcore cognitive bias.
I am positive that even if they did give back all the coins and that Mythic skin (which has around 20 EUR value for sure), they would still say its not a fair BP because … level 55 to unlock the new hero, or something.

All of that while conveniently forgetting other BPs out there of course.
You can’t make this up :rofl:

2 Likes

My post is solely to mock flats with his comments in regards to “earning” the battlepass. My issues with the battlepass itself boild down to simply; heroes shouldnt be on it, and it shouldnt disappear after each season.

I hold no despair over the battlepass itself.

4 Likes

10$ is cheap for US citizen but not outsiders

5 Likes

Maybe try actually reading my post, and you’ll see im making light of flats exaggeration of how fair the battlepass is allegedly.

I have no qualms with the concept of the battlepass, only with the heroes being on it and the pass being locked off come season’s end.

8 Likes

No other BP is currently locking a hero behind it in a predatory way like blizzard has.

Apex you can unlock the hero as long as you have the coins from previous grind.

Rocket league the cars dont matter as the core hitbox models are always available in the vanilla game.

For Overwatch a hero is too vital to be blocked in this way unlike apex or fortnite were at the end of the day everyone is running with the same guns.

20 Likes

I see this but I think a bigger problem than being unlucky is that there are throwers and derankers.

This lessens the incentive for people to do that so for me it’s a net positive.

4 Likes

You havent played Valorant, right buddy?

The hero might not be on the BP, but its even worse than that.
No one is denying locking a hero on the BP is bad, but conveniently forgetting everything else for the sake of pushing a narrative is quite dishonest.

So yeah, since you only pointed that out, I am guessing that you agree with me that OW2 BP is the fairest BP ever … except for the hero lock (which would be ok if i twas on level 20). Cool :sunglasses:

Maybe try to actually read mine and see my point stands.

1 Like