The Effect These Mercy Changes Will Have Is Bad For Everyone

this…also the same reason why underused hero have higher winrate due to their mains are the only one playing them. The amount of tryhards playing a meta hero just because they are meta without enough training or consideration that the hero gameplay might not be fitting for them. Sigh blizzard…

Not to mention they didn’t nerf Sojourn but instead buffed Soldier and Cassidy so that they can compete with her. Hitscan season for sure!

Also looks like Junk got shafted too…

7 Likes

Ya they need to remove the GA nerf and take my advice on the DB change that would make her more a triage support. The DB change I thought up was each 1 sec DB will charge the target for 3 seconds up to 9 seconds but with a less % of damage boosted say somewhere between 10-15%.

1 Like

that’s a pretty long list of words that just looks like you’ll have to learn how to heal the rest of the team instead of babysitting widow now. so sad.

Its a long list of words stating babying widow is even better now opposite of what you said lol.

12 Likes

so then its basically mercy nerf bad blah blah blah widow is still going to be babysat blah blah blah

so then basically nothing has changed. got it.

Correct. Nothing but enjoyment of playing Mercy has changed. She will still be meta and still be babysitting.

2 Likes

I think, I’ll play GTA5 again, and wait for D3 Season 28 in the mean time…

Unless they address this.

Also, another crappy patch and not nerfed sojourn? Another BP skipped and zero new skin bought for me.

I guess blizzard doesn’t want my money :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

other supports are not fun for me…

If I do something and it is not fun, I need to be paid, since at this point it becomes a job.

Who is gonna pay me to play other support? You? Blizzard? Just stop, with this nonsense.

5 Likes

Take a look at the map pool too. It’s just gross.

2 Likes

thing is Mercy would need a full blown, Orisa-style rework to not encourage this style of play. Now she’s easier to punish and pin down since you do get to her, as opposed to bouncing to all corners of the map at mach 10. Mercy pocketing long range DPS is what makes her good, being extremely hard to kill is what made her annoying. Now she’s just as strong while being less annoying.

Good luck being Tracer or Winston or Genji trying to kill the pocket Sojourn or Widowmaker through Mercy’s 70 constant HPS

it was already extremely difficult to take out someone being pocketed by Mercy, which is why you go for the Mercy first. Now that task is much more manageable.

Preeeetty much. No nerfs to Sojourn-no changes to damage boost, and took away Mercy’s self peel with the GA nerf.

Honestly if the GA cooldown was reverted or went to like 1.8/2 secs it wouldn’t be as bad and might have worked with the supposed idea of Mercy’s role.

However with this change it’s just going to make Mercy need to play even more selfishly than before.

Like I do like everything else cause I could push a damage boost heavy play style and get a nice heal boost with low health teammates (something I was begging for) and play her more like a utility support.

But like…the GA change and the unmentioned regen lost in Valk-I don’t even wanna touch her cause it feels like the devs secretly want to just keep you in place.

And if I wanted a support with low mobility and positioning I’d pick Zen.

2 Likes

please stop this d-ck measuring contest and just kiss already :roll_eyes:

omg! somvra it’s so nice to see you!

oh wow i’m seeing a lot of old forum goers today haha what a nice experience

1 Like

Fewer Mercy players the better.

1 Like

Don’t agree. Make her heal beam and damage boost beam start at a high-ish # and decay over 3-5 seconds to a lower number, and have it stay there for 10 seconds. Make it refresh on new allies. This forces her to actively keep beaming different targets.

That alone would heavily nerf hard pocketing one person.

8 Likes

…which hero do you usually play, I’m assuming Mercy & might’ve missed it in your OP…? :thinking:

I honestly don’t get it either, but it has been really obvious that the devs don’t understand Mercy in general, or really just how to balance these heroes at all. Doesn’t seem like anyone is doing anything by gameplay knowledge, if i read another based on this spreadsheet and or statistic that we have gathered…

Mercy is honestly one of the weaker heroes. She has no real impact if her team has no impact, which you cannot say about the other supports. Kiriko was amazingly broken when released and really one of the only heroes people were choosing, especially in pro settings. Which lol, they never seem to choose Mercy, wonder why. Her movement was kind of made into her identity and the changes will make her extremely clunky. What they are doing is extremely illogical. They should also really pay attention to why other non Mercys are complaining about the things that they are. I swear to god the underlying issue is Sojourn (or other broken characters). Don’t punish the character that is just doing the job you gave it quite a long time ago.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that. That it was actually an indirect nerf to rez. But hey, now those that can’t shoot a slow moving, nearly stationary target, stuck in a casting animation, will have an extra second to close the deal while Mercy stands around waiting on her GA cooldown.

1 Like

I really want to reward Mercys who are really good a flicking and timing damage boosts around the exact moment that the shot is fire. Damage boosting a Junkrat shot and then quickly boosting a hanzo arrow or rein firestrike felt very skillful and intense. They could increase damage boost to 50% but change the calculation so it does not amplify critical damage, just base damage. E.G a Mei dmg boosted headshot would only deal 182.5 dmg ( 150 + [75x1.5 - 75] )

And the 50% dmg boost would be the max and quickly decay so it can’t be abused. It would give a savvy Mercy some playmaking potential.