The devs will never go back to 6v6

It is meaningless to ask for this because the balance changes needed to make it happen will be wildly unpopular. To be clear I want to say my mind has changed with the 5v5 vs 6v6 debate. I’ve always been in the 5v5 camp but I have switched over to 6v6 with the exception that RQ is removed in favor of a role limits system. 6v6 will never work as long as RQ bloats queue times. But even if I got my dream 6v6 role limits system in place that still leaves the balance changes that everyone will hate.

1. Tanks will need to be nerfed.

Going into 5v5 each tank had their hp pool wildly buffed as well as many getting a ton of other buff/QoL changes.

1. Supports will need to get nerfed

Now that they have the protection of an off tank abilities like Zen kick make no sense. Heroes like Lifeweaver would probably need their dash removed or heavily nerfed.

There’s a large segment of 6v6 advocates who think we can just jump into 6v6 with current loaded support kits and bloated tank hp. These will break the game in a far worse way then you might think 5v5 did. I would like for them to test a role limits system in 5v5 and see how it works. From there the jump to 6v6 would be way easier. But this is all just a dream unlikely to happen :sweat_smile:

Or counterpoint, you’re wrong on all counts and it would be just fine as is.

Might be mayhem. Might be broken. Might be glorious. I’ve never once seen a thread in this forum that theorycrafted about a hero, or balance changes, or modes and ever got it right.

You can add yours to the list kevo.

Also 6v6 customs have done 3/4 of the work already for Blizzard.

1 Like

The ones I’ve played usually has lower tank hp.

Most tanks have already been nerfed in some shape or form, hence why they’re so miserable to play right now. I’d gladly have Reins more powerful charge again if it meant losing an extra firestrike and being able to cancel charge. At most, tanks would just have to have a HP reduction and almost all of them would be in a fine position.

I feel like the opposite would be true. Supports had to be nerfed a while back because they pumped out way too much healing since their kits were designed around the aspect of being able to heal more than one tank. With only one tank in the game, they could just constantly dump resources into the singular tank. This has since been reeled back with healing nerfs and the DPS passive that makes tanking more miserable to play right now.

For example, Zens discord would more than likely be buffed up again since it was balanced in a 2 tank scenario.

Yes. There might be more changes too. Or less. Or none. Could be any number of them. Point is, threads like this for or against do nothing and rarely get anything right when the topic of discussion does end up getting tried.

People in the forums are awful at theorycrafting. Or thinking logically.

open q, before the devs ego’s got hurt cause everyone was playing it (before the tank nerfs), was incredible, i played just that for months and months, then everyone left RQ for OQ in season 4-5 and the devs ruined it.

That is a lot to lose. Back to death sentence charges. Also even now it still kills most targets.

It is, but I honestly prefer being able to dish a lot more damage out to tanks whilst also punishing Meis/Reapers that get in my face