The Demon Hunter Sombra controversy still hasn't been resolved

It’s a ploy by Activision to buy the $60 virtual ticket this year. Meanwhile there are fewer and fewer panels and fewer and fewer things worth buying the ticket for.

No thanks.

Sadly my freind it’s not.

1 Like

why do people keep bringing this thread up. its going to come back within the year or else its on blizzard for going against their own fine print. maybe not for free but its coming back

Well I figure we will get the Sombra skin the same time they release that “Big new Social Update” that was supposed to come out in October of 2018. Not a peep about it since far as I know.

Frankly not much news for OW in general other than it being ported to the Switch and some rumors of OW 2.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time a game company ,or Blizzard for that matter went back on their word. Dev responses are nice and all, official statements are better but all are subject to PR spin and change.

Even after something is out, it can be changed later…

if they decide to change it, they better be prepared to both walk through the gates of hell and manage to come out stable

1 Like

Eh I don’t really think blizzard cares to much about the future of OW, i don’t think it has much of one. If it survives beyond 2020 I will be surprised. By then OW 2 will probably be out or announced and while the game servers will still be up it’ll be the third year in a row with no new events, less and less skins and fewer new content in general.

1 Like

Why would they not care about the future of the game? It still makes them money, it’s in their own best interest to care I’d imagine.

4 Likes

It’s still 2019 there is no controversy. “false advertising” is just what you made up so you can be mad at it. No promises have broken.

The ticket was NOT FOR THAT. Anyone who says that does not have common sense

3 Likes

Fact of the matter is, many people who WOULD’VE bought the pass just for the skin didn’t because of the fine print stating it would come back at a later date. Now if it doesn’t, that would be pretty crappy of Blizz. That is all I am saying… I want it too but it wouldn’t be a total loss as I never really play Sombra anyway.

If anything the fine print lost them potential sales last year. Or they played the long con to get more sales this year. LULW

6 Likes

I actually got a free ticket because they were doing a giveaway thing on a stream once. Now I have a skin for a hero I don’t use.

Imagine it being a pre-order exclusive bonus for Diablo 4? :rofl:

There is controversy. They explicitly stated that it would be available separate from that. That’s an objective fact.

12 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised that they’re saving it for that eventual Diablo mobile release as a promotional event. Buy the game and get the skin.

And people are glad to do it :slight_smile:

Welp, its still then go on not trusting game at all no matter what part of game company said it so.

Clearly someone has not done their research and doesn’t know what they are talking about :wink:

Careful with logic like this. The forums do not take well to rational thought

3 Likes

I have Demon Hunter. It’s ok, but it’s not her best skin.

The weapon looks pretty clunky and takes up more space than most of her other skins

I mean if the biggest issue is “muh skin!!!” from those who bought the ticket and now they loose their “exclusive skin”…one way to make all parties happy is to release a recolor of it as per the ticket stipulation.

So those who bought the ticket still get their “exclusive skin” while everyone else can get the recolor.

(Heck those who bought the ticket could have the opportunity to get both)

1 Like