The BP is going to be FUN!

Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing the ‘goals’ of the BP vs boring random loot boxes lol… :slight_smile:

1 Like

** Level 1 Battlepass:

After playing the game for an hour, the game will force uninstall from your device.

I’d like to see that in a battlepass.

Good to see someone express their excitement too! Im excited to have something to look forward to earning while playing. Loot boxes are stale and give little, at least with BP you can see a reward you like and work towards it.

1 Like

Sounds unintuitive but whatever makes your boat float… :wink:

Exactly. I loved when Hearthstone introduced a BP as I now get tons of gold just for playing Battlegrounds (which is free) most days (which I did anyway).

OW will be the same and I might pay for the odd thing here and there (Mythic skins do look dope…) :slight_smile:

NaniOWO here to meme :relieved:

1 Like

Imagine knowing things will be getting worse for yourself but you look forward to it.

1 Like

Imagine thinking the game you still enjoy will change because of a mostly arbitrary change… :wink:

The change might be arbitrary but it’s big

Please elaborate on how you perceive the change as ‘big’… :thinking:

Maybe it will or maybe it won’t :joy::smirk:

All we can do is wait and see :wink::joy::joy:

Enlightened take… :slight_smile: :wink: :upside_down_face:

What do you mean? :thinking::joy:

You don’t think that not all heroes being playable isn’t a big change?

I don’t know? Maybe you can explain what you don’t understand and we can go from there? :wink: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

Not really. Most (un-meta) heroes have abysmal pick-rates (under 3%) so people are assuming new heroes are magically good when the reality is most heroes are trash/un-meta?

Additionally, we don’t know how easily new heroes will be unlocked on the free pass (might be 1/2 days play max)… :wink:

Okay so firstly, historically for FREE, new heroes have been hard meta and you even see that in OW2:

Brig 1.0 - destroyed the meta for months by becoming a must-pick
Sigma 1.0 - 1600 HP shield just completely gapped Rein
JunkerQueen - we see that she currently enables a hard meta in OWL. No other tank has been selected for more than 5 minutes in any game in Summer Showdown.

Now that’s been while heroes are FREE. Under the new locking system Blizzard is now financially incentivized to make the new heroes very very desirable. How can they make them desirable? By making them similarly must-pick heroes like release-level Brig and Sigma. And you think with this new financial incentive, Blizzard won’t make them hard meta when they already do that even though it’s not financially motivated

I guess if you don’t know then you don’t know :smirk::joy::wink:

And in the meantime, 10 skins only purchasable with coins, likely 5 or 10 bucks/euro each will be released.

People used to think the world was flat, past performance is not an indicator of future performance… :wink: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

I know because I made this thread. The onus is on you to elaborate if you’re unsure of the meaning… :wink: :thinking: :upside_down_face:

The new hero is literally being hardlocked in OWL now…

…and? Are you suggesting an anomaly is the norm? :thinking: :upside_down_face: