The blatant racist remarks in chat

Ban them all! I should never have to see someone calling me the nword. Just being honest and remove the dang reaper black voiceline for the love of god.

Why remove the voice line? It in and of itself isn’t racist.

Culturally, Black is a lucky color in some countries.
(Like in China it’s-- representative of the sky. I think.)

3 Likes

Because im tired of seeing reaper going up to doomfist spamming it. Its dumb racist and we all know it

1 Like

People being racist doesn’t mean the voiceline itself is.
It’s a voice line even from the Lunar New Year event- so it’s fine.

Punish the player, not the actor.

3 Likes

Remove the tools they use never liked the voiceline. Just my opinion. Allow a racist a tool to promote negativity. Remove both the racist and tool they used.

Just my opinion

1 Like

Black person here, what is the reaper line? I gotta know

1 Like

“Black’s my lucky color.” From the Lunar New Year.

3 Likes

Awww there nothing wrong there man. Lol
Nobody will take you serious if you make a fuss about things that aren’t even a problem.
I said a similar thing when they got rid of the McCree noose spray. And when people were advocating for getting rid of the D.va, Brig and tracer police skins.

6 Likes

To be fair, chat also falls under a “tool” that can be used by a player to abuse it.

Sure, people can ruin many things, doesn’t mean everyone should get punished because of that.

3 Likes

Another black person here. Voice line is 100% fine. And the combinations of voice lines that could be used to say actually racist things were always hilarious to me too.

So remove chat…and the game in general. Because you could be “racist” to anyone. You could walk up to a black hero and shake your head until they swapped. Do we now remove the ability to turn your camera? How far are we gonna go with removing “racist tools” exactly?

5 Likes

how did the world get so soft?

2 Likes

They already nerfed that voiceline meaning you can’t do combo’s with it anymore like you used to. You’re a bit late with this thread.

2 Likes

With the New Changes and Rules some of these players that are extremely toxic and racist should get harsher punishment for their poor actions in chat. Surprising they haven’t gotten the boot yet.

1 Like

you can spam it to just say “blacks”
very cool when someone spams it for the entire drop ship/setup phase, chasing a doomfist, soj, or bap around
sometimes they even throw in a “get out of here” retreat line
very cool

should be rephrased to be “My lucky color is black” with appropriate edge

3 Likes

All you have to do is squelch the player spamming it.

1 Like

I agree with the first part of your comment. But what has the Reaper VL to do with it. It has 100% NO racial background.

Thats fully out of context. The VL is not racist at all. But i agree that racist and toxic behavior should be punished and banned instant.

1 Like

People desperately trying to see racism everywhere are so annoying…
Is racism a problem? Yes.
But stop crying wolf all the time. It’s making people sick and take real racism less serious.

3 Likes

Its a supply and demand issue for these people. Nowadays these terminal oppression olympics competitors are in high demand for racism, but there’s not nearly enough supply to meet their needs. So these “entities” are forced to desperately claim that anything and everything is racism to further oppress themselves. As we can see in this case, they literally make stuff up on the go.

1 Like

Participation trophies.