The best Idea for mercy

Yay another mercy thread. Now as you can see I don’t play mercy and I think she is really balanced. However I see mercy mains are still unhappy

So I have an idea to somewhat bring mass rez back to an ultimate. Now most ultimates in the game kill one at a time. The problem “I think” with mass rez is that it could instantly rez your team.

So what if mercy had 10 seconds to rez her team one by one. Rez resets if you pull off a rez. This would make her have an impactful ultimate again with counter play because she can be stunned or killed. So she has the potential to rez the team but very unlikely.

I think this is balanced because in comp when someone uses their ultimate and gets two picks everyone is like “niceee” and if mercy uses ult and manages to pull of two rezzes. It seems like just another ultimate. This also gets rid of hide and rez. It would also add difficulty to her kit.

Disclaimer:I know mercy is balanced. This is just an idea.

Nah.

10 second active time Valkyrie
1 bonus instant Resurrect. Any other Resurrects are instant too while Valk is active.
60HP/S in base kit. (55HP/S if you want to slightly buff it) (50HP/S I wont be mad about if they kept it)
Speed nerf reverted.

I will happily leave the forums and never come back if that happened.

my idea is what if she had flying as a resource meter like pharah and her ult was something completely different

You know, that’s an interesting idea OP. Kind of like it. I’d assume that the casting time would be about the same? Or would you change aspects of current rez (1.75 second cast time, -75% movement speed)? Also, assuming that this was the ult would this completely scrap Valk or keep parts of it?

Think it would really help if ya gave some extra details explaining these parts. Definitely think the idea is interesting though and seems to solve all previous issues with rez (no longer instant 5 man rez, has counter play, doesn’t encourage everyone just dying, has some preemptive aspect like other support ults)

1 Like

I like that idea. I just don’t think instant has a lot of counter play and it also limits it to only 2 rezzes. Where as I like it having a cast time and possibly even having the potential to rez the entire team. But the enemy team would have to be veryyyy bad lol. And as for doctorbielin. It could keep valk but I would nerf the movement speed. And as for rez I wouldnt make it instant but I also wouldn’t make it so slow where you can never even pull off one rez. I’m not entirely sure on the numbers because I’m not a developer lol but I have a general idea what I would want to do with it.

1 Like

The idea is great however I think it’s going to be awful in game. You won’t get more than 1-2 rezzes off before the enemy team realizes what you’re doing and kills you. It would also feel very clunky for the mercy player imo

See but that’s good in a competitive situation is getting one or two important rezzes. Just like a dps ult is HUGE when you get two kills. However you may be right about it being clunky😕

Would you limit rez to ultimate if this became a thing? Because otherwise it would be blatantly OP imo.

To be honest as long as Resurrect exists in any form, Mercy must be gimped in all other areas.
I think people generally downplay how strong even E res is (regardless of how “clunky” it may “feel”)

Remove rez as an ability. Agreed if my idea comes into place. And my idea should only work with mercy as a secondary healer. If she was a strong healer then rez would be bad but each secondary healer has something strong about them. Zen=discord and powerful ult. Lucio=speed boost. Mercy=rez. I know those are abilities but like I said this is just an idea to give her something powerful as an ult and not something so powerful for an ability.

Lmfao what? How would it be OP? I meant to put 1 bonus Rez but I was rushing. But any Resurrects in Valk would be instant.

I’m slightly confused, sorry. So is One Rez in Valk or Two rezzes in Valk possible in your idea?

I believe two free fast rezzes would be OP because it brings back the utility of instant tempo rez, combined with the fact that valk charges quite quickly now. If Mercy also has her normal rez, it would be pretty OP because she would be able to bring people back at an alarming rate.

If it’s one instant rez than maybe, especially in this meta which is especially harsh to her. Two would be too much.

They need to just tie rez to valkyrie exclusively. Give her two charges and give her a new ability.

1 Like

This.

I strongly think an instant rez would be op and limiting it to only 2 rezzes isn’t good either. Because instant has no counterplay.

Not nessacarily, heroes like Hammond and Torbjorn have their ults which would work wonders for preventing a mercy from getting a rez in. Junkrats used to place traps near dead bodies to lure a Mercy in. Creativity is a thing haha.

Wouldn’t that just be pretty much like 2.0? Two insta resses, but less duration?

I think that the best way to re-introduce Mass Rez is this:

That’s the point. To have counterplay to a somewhat mass rez

Yeah but with the increased power to other supports it would be much better the only reason why Mercy felt arguably stronger in every scenario was because the other supports were at a bad spot and remained in a bad spot for awhile. Mercy felt very impactful as the double Rez Mercy, problem was the ultimate lasted too long and Mercy could utilize a huge portion to just Healing/Boosting and burst Rez as soon as Valk got close to being finished. So limiting the amount of time from (when it lasted 20 seconds) to 10 seconds would be much better. Then the buffs to other supports would help even out the playing field.