Thanks Again Bliz

Thanks again Bliz for kicking me in the middle of a comp match! Another 50 SR loss because of your crappy servers.

3 Likes

Maybe fix ur internet OMEGALUL

7 Likes

its not blizzard’s fault, its your fault that you have a bad wifi connection.

4 Likes

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

To both AimbotDps and DomPatlto, no it’s completely Blizzards fault. My internet connection was perfectly fine, and my computer is plugged, not wifi. Also was watching random youtube on my Roku which never disconnected; I even wrote this reply immediately and while I was “disconnected” and unable to reconnect with their servers, so it is not my internet. But I understand that you have no intention beyond trolling.

WymoingMyst, this is a complete and utter lie that Blizzard has pushed forward as an excuse so they can ignore their own issues and lay the entire blame at the feet of us, their customers. Contrary to their claims, yes, yes they can tell the difference when the disconnection is on our side, and when it was their server that disconnected us. A quick look through server logs shows when a server disconnects you and when you disconnect from a server.

I’ve done all their steps before… and they don’t work. This only works when the disconnects on our side, which for me, it’s not. And this only happens when I play Overwatch. It never happens on WoW, D3, SCII or HotS when I play them. This is something solely in regards to when I play Overwatch, and it affects thousands of players.

This is an issue that Blizzard needs to actually admit and address instead of hiding behind “it’s your fault!” excuse.

2 Likes

Hey no trolling lol get a good connection. I dont have that problem nor disconnections

1 Like

Lol, yes you are trolling, and again, it’s not my connection, it’s Blizzard’s servers.

1 Like

If your Internet isn’t stable, please don’t play Competitive. It just ruins the game for everyone else.

Does anybody have ur issue right now? No…
And again, GET A GOOD INTERNET 4HEAD

Lol, gotta love these trolls! Once again, it’s not my internet. And go over to the tech forums, there are thousands of reports just like mine! No problems with my internet, but I get d/c’ed from Blizzard’s server!

1 Like

So if it really is blizzard’s severs can you explain to me how in over 5000 comp games I have disconnected 2 times from a match. Both those dc were because my net crashed.
Shouldn’t I have way more crashes if their servers are an issue?

1 Like

Not everyone is affected by this server issue, but the idea that just because it hasn’t affected you means it doesn’t affect anyone is a complete and utter joke.

But can you please explain to me how if it’s my internet, why is it that my connection with Steam, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and the internet outside of Blizzard’s servers are perfectly stable?

I’m not a tech guy but…
Hiccups can happen.

1 Like

If their side has hiccups that affects thousands of players, but refuses to acknowledge it and instead, blames their customers for said hiccup, wouldn’t you be angry if this was happening to you?

Only it’s probably a hiccup on your end.
Also when blizzard is aware of server issues they post it in the launcher. I think they also post to twitter.
You only have yourself to blame if you ignore this warning and decide to play comp anyways

1 Like

I do find it funny that unless it’s server wide, it’s always the same people and they always blame blizzard. Also that there aren’t thousands complaining

Lol, yes so the hiccup on my end only affects my connection with Blizzard’s server and nothing else? That’s the best you can come up with? Please actually think before you post. And no, it’s not my fault that their server disconnects me, that’s their fault, and they should actually fix an issue that has been reported time and again by players since beta.

@Kornmeal That’s because again, it affects a small portion of Overwatch players. My roommate plays Overwatch and he doesn’t have this issue. He even played Overwatch on my computer (using his account) and this didn’t happen. Yet that same day after he played a few hours, first game I log into boom, d/c’ed in the middle of the match from Blizzard’s server, yet my connection to the internet was uninterrupted, and yes I got right back in. Once it starts happening to you, it keeps happening to you. You have no control over it, as it’s not an issue on your side, but on Blizzard’s side, and they refuse to acknowledge it.

Yes it is thousands. Go through the tech forum sometime, there are dozens of new reports every day where someone goes “I got disconnected from Overwatch but my internet was working fine”. And all Blizzard does is blame their internet connection and it couldn’t possibly be an issue with their server, and walk away. And that’s just from the people who actually take the time to report it.

I think I’ve heard everything now

1 Like

was thinking the same

Lol, gotta love fanboy trolls who ignore everything that doesn’t fit into their opinions.