Thank You, Overwatch

Based on my personal experience with stroke as in my friends and relatives who have had them, unfortunately they never fully recover. It is just how severe it was, what areas of the brain and nervous system it impacted and how one deals with in the long term. /sigh

This is the kind of thing I’d rather see so enjoy the bump and my belated condolences.

2 Likes

You have shedded light too my day.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

I legit have hardcore feels right now.

3 Likes

That was a wholesome post

3 Likes

I am unsure if the Thread Starter would see all the wonderful replies thus far, i hope that he does.

+1

1 Like

Lovely post sorry to hear about your family troubles, good luck in the future.

2 Likes

This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your story.

2 Likes

My condolences to your Family Arkahios and i hope you and family gets better with time…

This Post Your Experience is something i believe would really make a difference for some people who may went through similar circumstances and really feel the same
but they didn’t have the chance to share it yet…

i my self have a 2 works one of them at home and every time i want to start my home work i always do a game or two to chill out then start working with a nano boost XD

anyway thought i would share my experience too hope the best for you…

2 Likes

Such a great story :smile:

2 Likes

I really do hope that the Thread Starter would come in and read all the wonderful support from the forum community here, despite being sparse as it is.

Everyone gets their +1

…and thank you all for sharing and supporting as well.

1 Like

A very wholesome post :^)

2 Likes

Oh thats nice, Overwatch was a major factor when it comes to my alcohol addiction. I dont mean, it helped solving the issue but brought me closer to it because comp wasnt playable sober.

2 Likes

I hope that you are well on your way to recovering from the addicition, tatzecom. =)

2 Likes

I maybe choose the wrongs words here. Or you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Overwatch didn’t help me with the addiction, it made it worse.

Thanks for the love anyways mate, appreciate it.

2 Likes

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in replying. I’m not very active on the forums and did not expect this post to get attention. My farther-in-law still does not have full function of his right side but he goes to physical therapy several times a week. He might not regain full control but he still makes the effort. He is an amazing man with an incredible will.

Edit:
Thank you everyone for your replies. My wife and I are touched by everyone’s kindness. She might be too shy to post on the forums but she has read every reply.

1 Like

Hello Tatzecom, seriously, my bad. I am sorry, really.
It was like 5am in the morning here in my country and i was on my work break so my eyes, bad as they already are, were bleary and i misread.

I do hope that it would improve in the future though and i had different experiences with Competitive Mode.

However, i am just a lowly Bronze Tier and a dirty casual, so what do i know.

Arkahios!

Welcome back to the forum and thank you again for your wonderful, thoughtful and inspirational post.

One of my uncles had a stroke and it sounds very similar to what your father-in-law is going through. Medical science was more primitive 30 years ago and physiotherapy was non-existent then, especially in my country when we were struggling to break out of poverty.

Of course, fast forward 30 years later and i believe that although stroke is not curable but with the improved medical knowledge we have now, the technology and physiotherapy being as advanced as it is; things are definitely better than back when i was 12 years old.

My father suffered a very minor stroke and I have at least two friends as well.
All three are fine insofar as they retained all necessary motor functions and clarity of thought except for one friend who needs to walk with a walking stick and still experiences numbness in his left hand, particularly the fingers and his left leg.
He is only 40 years old when it hit him 2-3 years back, same age as me.

I think that the only sliver lining is that we are now much more better equipped with awareness and foreknowledge as well as having the medical expertise which is improving year by year, as compared to 30 years ago. So, there is hope yet.

and meanwhile, we would always have OW. =)

1 Like

I wish the best for you and your family. Much love from GoodBishonen! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! We appreciate all the well wishes!

2 Likes