Thank you Blizzard for not allowing politicization on your platform

arguing that the RIGHTS of LGBT (or anyone’s) is “not politics”.

Suuuure.

HK situation goes further than “evil Chinese hitting innocent protesters”. These protesters have a political motive behind and the situation is very complex. So yes, it’s politics.

2 Likes

Sure. As I said, that’s not my point. My point was to say they did not do it because they were “tolerant”.

they arent neutral… they even globally censored thiers games to satisfy china government =\

1 Like

OP, I don’t want to ruin your imagination but anyone that gets a mic from bliz can make a statement, political, divisive, about his cat you call it if he decides to.

I’m not. I’m challenging your incorrect assumption of freedom of speech, that’s it.

They say every voice matters, but they mean any voice that can pay them off.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to explain to you anything.

Turning a blind eye to one person is not an endorsement, and choosing not to punish two casters who are obviously nonconfrontational are also not an endorsement. And Blizz already does stop some messages with hate speech, why would you assume a soapbox “has to be provided for other groups”?

Under no circumstances is Blizz obligated to provide another soapbox. If some other disenfranchised person wants to win another Hearthstone series and use it as their own soapbox, they can do so and face the same likelihood of punishment but also reap the same reward of a soapbox.

That doesn’t mean that Blizzard must automatically by default offer equally broadcasted soapboxes for other political viewpoints.

Orange man bad! Late night funny men told me so

1 Like

why are pepe memes banned if they don’t allow politicization

If you make exceptions that means you endorse. In contrary, being strict means they’re not taking any side.

1 Like

Exceptions are not an endorsement. They’re exceptions.

Saying “we wont punish you” is not the same thing as saying “we support you and you’re so brave for making a statement”.

Learn the difference between “anti” and “non”.

The difference between pride day and the struggle of hong kong is that pride day is not inherently political. It can be politicized but can be separated from its political element.

In the case of Blizzard they made no political remarks as they made no aim at any government
body.

3 Likes

They have lgtbq hero’s in the game that is a political stance right there on its own. So as usual it’s just blizz cherry picking what does and does not benefit them.

In this age the only way to be politically neutral is to not socialize or release any products because the first thing you do when starting a business is pick a demographic you want to sell too. The biggest demographic out there is politics/religion and guess what politics yields better numbers than religion. Politics is just rich people lobbying for other rich people and last time I checked businesses need money. Soooo ya. Blizz is not neutral in politics at all.

Man. People just wanting to openly exist is “political”?

1 Like

You must be a very good and compliant wage slave. Corporate overlords will like people like you in the future.

What would be a valid excuse to go against their own rulebook if not endorsing the political message ? Then every player who spread a political message later could contest their suspension stating they have been subject to double standards.

Easier to just forbid it from the start.

2 Likes

All I know is that Mei is a supporter of the Free HK movement… nods reassuringly and hopes Blizzard games get banned in China

Except they do allow politicization, in favor of China’s position.

1 Like