Terrible teammates

The way it was explained to me by some 4+ stack in the <500 with 4 T500 icons…keeping us in spawn so we could stay <500:

“if you can’t solo carry a bronze match, you don’t deserve to win a bronze match”.

Ok then.

You don’t get better with tanks, heals, comms, stayers, countering, or teams. It’s a 1v12 (you vs. everyone and your own inner demons). If you can’t convert a win under those circumstances, you don’t deserve to win. No one is reportable they’re just bad, and the only one you can blame is yourself.

That’s why I’m <500 and accept my rank.

The higher the rank you get, escaping elo hell there will be more helpful and possitive teamate, esspecially in top 500 you will meet the same teamates over and over again due to only 1500 people playing in top 500 by 3 roles. And you will se people more often.

Another Player blaming his teammates

2 Likes

Recently I’ve given up trying to play as a team. If I’m the only one grouping up then I’m not grouping up anyway so why bother.

I roll around as a hamster now, I spawn camp, I roll away, I boop, I roll away. I have the “haha laughter” voice line equipped. My team hates me and cries for a shield. The enemy team hates me because I kill their supports. Everyone hates me but I don’t care as I’m having fun again.

I’m going to play the hamster in Overwatch 2 as well and everyone will really hate me there :joy:

2 Likes

“4) Blaming the entire rest of the team for the problems. “ I agree with this statement. Especially as a support player like me. This is just my POV, but there were times when I get blamed for not healing my teammates enough, despite the fact that I’m the only healer who does most of the work(and I get the card).

1 Like

It takes one to know one.

3 Likes

Here we are almost 2 years later, how are your teammates now? If it’s anything like bronze pc it’s like trying to find a single rain drop in the ocean.

I’m getting so many good teammates in silver now it’s crazy. The games actually has become too easy for me to win because of how much more reliable my teammates have become. I wonder at which point, the games will start getting harder again like in bronze.

2 Likes

I am always the best player on my team, GOD Support OTP-AMA, while my team is always bad. I rarely if ever get good teammates. If the System wasm’t so broken and rigged I would be GM by now, but the System is giving me bad teammates on purpose so I would lose.

And let me tell you, this game has never seen a better player (that player being me ofc) since Sinatra.

4 Likes

I think that players who use communication are systematically segregated because of algorithmic handicapping. It makes sense that the system would designate such players to opposite teams to even the odds.

2 Likes

according to my interp of the patents (the ones on rigging for likeability and teamplay), it tries to bin them together.

so the toxics and no-comms go together and have extra handicaps (smaller hitboxes to reg on, their own hitboxes larger). And ofc they vs. the superfriends who are buying lootboxes and experiencing popoff moments because they play once a weekend and expect to maintain rank.

it’s ridiculous to discriminate on non skill factors. it’s ridiculous to discrim on skill using hidden analytics and handicap around it. either way i can’t wait for the code discovery/audit the lawsuits will be asking for.

2 Likes

Hitbox and hit detections aren’t being handicapped by the matchmaker :joy:

Issues with no-regs are being caused by ping differences. Every FPS game has this issue, even Valorant! Also, I’ve never had a game where I felt like the enemies hitbox became smaller all of a sudden or that my healing got “rigged” and decided to not go through. If that’s happening, that’s either from the ping difference or the enemy hacking to not get shot.

The only part of your whole argument that I can somewhat see as being possibly true to some extent is the matchmaker forming teams with the intension of predicting the outcome. IRRC, one of the mods in the past said that the matchmaker is only allowed to lower the odds of the team winning down to 40% but no less. So technically, that can be classified as “rigging” but maybe that’s done to make the game more challenging. Either that or that’s only done only when there’s not enough players to form teams with.

But of course since the matchmaker isn’t perfect, those odds could end up being even lower. At which point, you will get compensated with a lesser SR loss if the matchmaker realizes that after the game is over.

I can’t find the sources of the mods saying it, so here’s the basic run down of what I mean:

With that being said, I’m sure there are other aspects of the matchmaker that the devs aren’t telling us about because it may not be in our best interest, but rather just there to keep players hooked. But I very much doubt this hidden part of the matchmaker involves rigging hitboxes or healing. That just takes unfairness to the extreme and wouldn’t make any sense to do that.

4 Likes

If you are talking about those EOMM theories, those are plausible and work on BRs but not really on team games like these. Here when you get a bad streak of 2-3 games people quit directly, dont stay there to game more because matches lost in OW are like 10x longer than in BRs. Also they have a 10x higher player pool per lobby.

What I said remains true and in those cases, the SR per win/loss will be adjusted accordingly and yet, still some people complain because they “conveniently forget” when they were the underdog and won, they got an insane amount of SR per match etc.

Selective memory at its finest.

2 Likes