Teams with leaver(s) shouldn't lose SR at all

I don’t know why this can’t be done. In post 2-2-2 era, losing one piece in the team makes it almost difficult to make a comeback. I’ve only won 2 5v6 since 2-2-2 and my team had to play like our lives were on the line. Most other games where my team had a leaver, it’s an automatic loss. Prior to 2-2-2, we can go triple support/tank to mitigate the loss of a teammate but this isn’t possible anymore.

I can’t stress enough that there is no harm done with letting the leaver team to finish the match with no SR loss (unless if they leave as well). The winning team still gets their SR.

This is the first season where I’ve stopped reporting leavers completely. There’s just too much of them and I don’t think Blizz is taking actions on leavers at all. Not to mention, I’ve been hearing a lot more disconnections lately and this just exacerbates the whole situation (more leavers even though they’re not intentional).

5 Likes

This makes it preferable to have a leaver on your team rather than finish a match going poorly.

Not to mention how it would further complicate an already messy ranking situation.

No harm done?

If that is your truthful belief, you have not considered the consequences of your suggestion…well…nearly at all.

Step 1) Come up with an idea

Step 2) Ask yourself how the community could weaponize that idea

Step 3) Suggest idea

You skipped a step. I get that leavers are frustrating, but i submit to you that schadenfreude is a terrible foundation for troubleshooting a problem

You seriously have not thought about this much at all. If players are going to buy alt accounts to just climb and throw when they are losing, thsoe accounts will not be active long.

Do you really not know how alt accounts work or?

Do you really not know how bans work?!

We’re now into multiple threads where you are trolling people about alt accounts and leaver penalties without a fundamental understanding of either.

Do less.

2 Likes

you’re 100% correct that you do not. but i wouldn’t expect much understanding of the game at that rank

We get that you’re a child.

Do less.

lolz is that all that brain can come up with?! sad…so, so sad

Well monster lets see your PFP then, if you have such a great understanding of the game

This will backfire as people will be yelling at teammates to leave so they don’t lose SR. I do think teams deserve compensation for a 5v6, but not a free game

Leavers shouldn’t even be an issue any more considering the solution to leavers is in game already in other modes - backfill.

It’s unconscionable that Blizzard haven’t added this to (arguably) the most important game mode.

It would solve the leaver problem entirely and would also help lower queue times.

You shouldn’t be reporting them at all as they already lose 50 SR and get a time penalty for leaving.

They do, as mentioned above.

Plus, remember, not everyone who leaves does so intentionally, so it’s already unfair that they get penalised the same as those who do leave intentionally.

I dislike the idea of backfilling. Queue times are a problem sometimes, and I can imagine waiting 10 minutes to play for the last 1:45 of a match, only to have to do it again. Or worse, its an internet DC, so you only get to play for like 25-30 seconds. Its a good idea in concept though

That’s why it would need to be an opt-in system.

They’d obviously have to tweak the existing backfill system to fit better with the Competitive framework, but it’s definitely the solution to the leaver problem and, as I said, would also help reduce queue times.

No more 5v6 or 4v6 (or worse) struggles. No more matches cancelled in the first minute sending 11 players back to the queue. Lower queue times across the board.

Why has this not been implemented yet?

There would have to be some tweaks from the QP model, but even if there werent, backfill is objectively better for the community

1 Like

Well 2 games with leavers in enemy team, but i won no SR.

While I see your point, the teammate who leaves still lose SR and receives penalty. So even if you’re being pressured, if you value your SR, you won’t do it. Yeah sure, there are people who don’t care and will leave. But these people are going to leave regardless of how the penalty works so with the current system, you’re punishing other people who genuinely wanted to play the game but were paired up with leaver(s) while what I’m proposing saves these people while still punishing those leavers as the current system is doing.

1 Like