Team chat not working on xbox one

After joining team chat/group chat for competitive, quickplay, and arcade, I noticed either of two problems everytime. One problem is I can not speak at all after joining and I can not hear anymore, but their mic icons say they’re speaking and their name pops up on the top left. Or I can speak, but it randomly mutes people upon joining and the same for their side of the team chat. I tried turning my xbox off and on, leaving and rejoining team chat, turning team chat on and off, unplugging my mic and still nothing fixes it. For the first problem, nothing I’ve tried fixes it. For the second, if I try to unmute the randomly muted players, it resets when I leave the menu, going back to muted. Leaving and rejoining the team chat just changes who gets muted. Sometimes I have to join and rejoin mulitple times for the chance that everyone will be unmuted. All the players I have talked to on xbox have experienced the same awful experiences. I still hear all other games sounds perfectly and my mic/headset is a plug in one. This bug makes it so communication is even worse on xbox and its preventing me from wanting to play competitive due to the fact I can’t communicate with my team.

1 Like

Excatly. I am outraged that Overwatch will never fix this. The mic bug has existed for years.

1 Like

I have this same issue and after echo patch my mic never works In team chat. They don’t seem to be fixing the issue

I haven’t been able to use voice chat for months. What a drag.