Tbh mercy was never fun

for most people who dont play her, either with mass rez or valk, i started enjoying her after the rework and nerfs, forcing me to get good with positioning my rez and my valk.

i’m glad the rework happened, and even if most poeple still dont find her fun, most people never did.
except mercy mains.
but fun is subjective after all, yet all these fun polls are meaningless bcz of this fun idea that mercy’s playstyle is just boring for most people and the only thing that would make her fun for all the people who think she’s not fun would be to make her alot more challenging and rewarding at the same time to do her job, which as you’ll guess is not mercy
i’m againt the rework

17 Likes

I too am pro-Mercy, and against a rework…or any changes, for that matter.

5 Likes

I liked the initial rework because I thought back to back reviving and going battle mode was cool. Now it’s as boring as pre-rework.

5 Likes

I’m not a Mercy main or anything but pre rework mercy was a lot more fun than the mercy currently.

28 Likes

The “she’s an accessory” argument is especially bad. She’s always been like that as her base kit.

7 Likes

Mercy mains won’t stop crying until they get their easy button back.

10 Likes

As a non mercy main I am in no position to judge whether she is fun or not to play.

I however have understood from many of the threads that I have read, the push isn’t to get an ‘easy button’ back, it is to make her feel more engaging and skill resulting in her having more impact.

It is funny this classic argument about her being a skill-less hero, and yet when the very people who play her wanting her to have more options and having more skill, the very people who demean mercy players for not having skill are up in arms.

18 Likes

I do not want mass rez back, but I do want her ult to be different and get rez off e and only be able to rez during an ult.

I know it’s a personal opinion, but I just… Hate Valk?

I still think Mercy is fun though, and engaging, though everything really slows down during a valk as its a 15 second button of “do everything for me” instead of beam juggling. I still have a decent winrate if I use her, but I prefer Ana and Moira much more now and only pick Mercy in niche comps like Pharahmercy or to power up my snipers

3 Likes

spits out water

I’m not one of the “RevertMercy!” or “ReworkMercy!” crowd, but I see you on threads everywhere being everything BUT Pro Mercy lol…You don’t need to lie to seem credible haha…If you don’t like Mercy just say so.

Yeah, you see no “pro-Mercy” person would say this. I’m Pro Mercy. I strongly disliked mass rez, and I enjoy Valkyrie. But I’m not against any sort of changes to her ult. I think she’s pretty balanced and fun and could do with a few QoL changes and buffs like 55 HPS to make her more impactful and viable, but I’m not opposed to a substantial rework. I love current Mercy. But I would never say that I’m “Against a rework or any changes”. Obviously many Mercy players, and a large portion of the community, think Mercy could use some changes to be more skillful, engaging, fun, whatever, and it’s quite narrow minded to close yourself off to any sort of possible changes.

19 Likes

I guess you’re the only one allowed to have an opinion. Or is it that nobody’s allowed to think Mercy is great as-is?

Also, not sure what you’re smoking, but I’ve seen Megadodo all over the forums supporting Mercy 2.0.

(I’m not obsessed with anybody. Just very observant of forum-goers and their habits.)

2 Likes

Did you read what I said? It doesn’t seem like it.

:slight_smile:

I’m not sure what part of that is me saying they can’t have an opinion. In fact, I said I agree with their opinion that current Mercy is great. I’ve been a huge Mercy 2.0 supporter ever since it hit PTR. All I said was that it’s a bad thing to close yourself off to any sort of changes, feedback, suggestions, etc.

They don’t ‘support Mercy 2.0’, they just oppose ANY change. Literally ANY change that is on the forums, they will respond with “I respectfully disagree with this post” or “I personally dislike this idea greatly and do not want it in the game”. That’s it. They never offer any sort of reasoning, or other ideas, they just shut out any sort of Mercy feedback.

It’s not productive, and it certainly isn’t “Respectful” when they type the same shut-down response for the 50th thread in a row.

5 Likes

I did not like rezbot Mercy at all. There was nothing fun about that to me. It was frustrating to me that I could not participate in teamfights but had to wait instead to rez. Current Mercy is so much more fun. So much more fun. Ever since the GA bug made her weightless and gave her extreme mobility I have loved Mercy, and I think the devs have done a fantastic job incorporating the bug and giving Mercy all the mobility she could dream of. Mercy is now a very strategic evasion tank that is constantly making choices of how to distribute her below average healing, and what kind of risks to take. I think she is perfect, and I mean it.

Now tuning wise, there is a bit of room for a buff here or there. But please, do not overbuff her and have the internet on fire again with Mercy hate. I’d much rather she be in the middle of the healer spectrum; Let Ana be top dog for a few seasons.

3 Likes

If you were pro Mercy buddy you’d be advocating for a change. Mercy’s current state isn’t as amazing as it once was and her gameplay has gotten very stale. I’ve played Mercy through every iteration and these past couple of months have been completely boring for me. This version of Mercy is the easiest version of Mercy I have ever played. Much more boring than Mass Rez Mercy. What every one needs to realize was Mercy used to run off a solo beam. Now she chain heals making her beam switches from target to target that much easier. Therefore the heroes mechanical skill in keeping individual targets alive with a solo beam was lost and she became easier to play. Same with her GA mobility buff (not advocating for it’s removal because it’s the best thing Mercy has ever gotten) makes her movement way better and less predictable. What’s sad about this rework is the best thing that we’ve gotten out of it was a BUG. Keep that in mind.

8 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything really wrong with Mercy’s kit at the moment. The other healers just stack better because they can either heal multiple targets at once and/or deal damage at the same time.
It’s more so the other healers that should be looked at.

1 Like

To OP… I’ve always enjoyed Mercy’s base kit. I just really really despise Valkyrie.

This is 100% true. Her base kit has always been a little lack luster when looking at her raw output per second. That’s why her ultimate used to be arguably the biggest burst of value in the game.

I’m not a Mercy main or anything but post rework mercy was a lot more fun than old mercy.

1 Like

We already have polls out there. Your opinion is in the minority.

Keep GA as it is, put LOS restriction on Mass Res. Done, both of your complaints solved, your fav (and my fav) feature preserved, no need for a 6 month long back and forth taking up dev time and satisfying no one.

Valkyrie would be kinda cool I guess. On a new hero.

Nice lie

Why? Her ultimate changed and she got a new ability.

She is more fun for me.

2 Likes