Tanks need some love

By tanks I mean the people that like playing tanks.

We don’t have a lot of options. Then from those limited options we have limited combinations of tanks that work well with each other. From there we have to deal with them not working well on some maps… and we have to deal with certain counters being really difficult to deal with. Bastion/reaper vs winston for example.

Then for some added fun the tanks can be limited by the supports your team can run.

We need more tank options. 2 or 3 more tank options would help. We need bug fixes for tanks faster… (REIN!!)

We also need the game to stop having new and improved CC abilities that shut down tanks until the tank issues are solved.

…and we need better synergy between the tanks.

19 Likes

Shatter has so many bugs alone it’s not even funny

5 Likes

Yea, it’s honestly sad. 27 Feb they said there would be a fix coming for Earthshatter early April. After that complete silence and now we’re mid-April and still haven’t heard anything.

1 Like

the only change I want for brig is for her shield bash to not go thru barriers but everything else is good but I feel rein mind battles have enough factors not counting CC thru barriers

1 Like

I think shatter has been the ult most where I’ve been like “that’s BS that’s not supposed to happen” out of every ult in this game

actually its totally broken.

so many times i thought i would be dead… but the shatter just did nothing. poor reinhardt players

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you completely😁

1 Like

Rein can’t do anything but move the barrier when being frozen by mei because the way slow effects stack same goes for brig really feels terrible to be completely immobile

Can we specifically get a super tiny girl for a main tank? that would be :ok_hand:

1 Like

do I want to know what you said? LOL

nah I you said tank that’s just a tiny girl and it said one that isn’t in a weponized mech suit until it got corrected and said main tank

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)yes

Both Orisa and Rein need some changes, Orisa needs to make her teammates also immune to CC , and Rein needs bug fix and remove the slow when he put up his shield

2 Likes

ohhhh, okay! Yeah, I adore DVa but I kind of like the idea of a lower health ‘main tank’ that isn’t a massive hitbox and relies more on different ways of tanking. my primary train of thought is a deathball style tank that provides a ‘ring’ around them that acts as a shield.

HEY NOW. I JUST WANT A MAIN TANK I CAN RELATE TO :sob:

I would like for every hero released over the next few years to be a tank or healer, there are more dps than healers and tanks combined - it’s no wonder there seem to be so few tank players; there is no variety!!!

1 Like

Coming from a tank player, I can say this with the utmost confidence.

We need a tank with some sort of anti armor ability. Like some sort of high impact, fast projectile, slow fire rate, tank shell ability with AOE explosive damage.

When I look at the tanks, and I ask myself, how can I help carry my team and remove as much of that pesky Brigitte and Torbjorn armor as possible before I die?

My thoughts usually fall directly to Bastion, the ole damage melty tank. He is… not really a tank out of ult though is he. Bastion being the nastiest guy for melting tanks and hp in general, is pretty good at removing armor. However the main issue he really has isn’t the armor, it’s the lack of actual durability. Anyway I got a bbit off topic here.

Bastion’s ult is high burst damage, dealing out incredible AOE damage to single/nearby targets. Essentially REMOVING armor in general.

Well there’s always Junkrat, or Pharah, or someone like that. But when your enemy team has one or multiple 200 hp 225 armor hitscan characters or what-not, and you’re the tank switching to a Pharah or Junkrat, it’s not a good look for the team comp.

Tanks need a ranged high impact damage dealer. I don’t care the skill cap, I’ll use it when the situations call for it.

Orisa tickles armor.

Roadhog takes pieces of it.

Fully charged Zarya does pretty well on armor, and her explosive attack is ehhh okay.

Winston… well… may as well be hitting them with a squirt gun.

Reinhardt is decent against armor, because he hits chunks of 75 damage, but he’s quite stubby.

Dva against a team of frontlines in brigitte armor is uhhh… well I hope you have your ult.

Or the offence needs less love :smirk:

:cupid::heart::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::purple_heart::gift_heart::revolving_hearts::heart_decoration:

1 Like