TAnKs aRe rAId bOsS

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/J5trKt35oE

26 Likes

damn bap should’ve put down his lamp. Would’ve really padded his healing stats to start the game :rofl:

Actually wouldn’t it pad mitigation?

3 Likes

Does it? Either way that guy got incinerated lol.

5 Likes

Oh by God. That was so rude. :joy:

1 Like

I see clips like this and wonder if you guys think tanks should survive that interaction there? Like should he survive getting slept and focus fired by an entire team without using any defensive cooldowns? How will that play out in neutral gameplay with supports giving him resources?

Oh I know how that goes. Release Mauga did that and it was so incredibly fun.

8 Likes

I think it’s less that he died and more how FAST he died.

16 Likes

All standing in veiw of the windows so their whole team knew to focus there. Didnt bubble.

Yes tanks are raid bosses. But you still need 1 single braincell to play them

2 Likes

deserved for playing monkey on kings row

3 Likes

“Oh cool” :rofl: :rofl:

He’s not even surprised or angry. Just apathy.

17 Likes

If an entire teams focus fire TTK on a tank was any slower than that, that would be more of a problem to me

3 Likes

This is the worst it’s ever been to be a tank in OW history (which is saying something), and the OW2 devs should honestly be embarrassed enough to quit, and never work in game design again. This is memeably bad.

9 Likes

He didn’t get focused by the entire team.

It was damage boosted Hanzo and Ana. Look at the kill feed.

No second DPS, no tank.

16 Likes

Wasn’t an entire team. It was hanzo with mercy boost. And yes a tank should not be getting 1 shot like that.

11 Likes

Typical tank experience against burst damage. Get slept, get purpled, some damage boost (Mercy or Zen) and boom goes the dynamite.

This tank didn’t even have all that against them and still vaporized.

3 Likes

It’d be nice if these reddit posters would include replay codes so we could see the kill from the perspective of the defending team.

3 Likes

But to be fair bap didn’t use immortality and genji didn’t use deflect. They had to ways to save him. So support and dps messed that up and winton could have bubbled, or leaped, or not stood right there. Like what were they gonna do have Illari and bap be a sniper. They also had a bastion playing so as a whole that team was all over the place. Still a rude way to start the game but their were choices technically.

I just watched the greatest showman getting gunned down by a flurry of arrows before he even fully woke up from his drug induced nap.

This is true cinema right here.

I think this is why tanks are getting a headshot damage reduction lol.

2 Likes

The irony is that armor tanks like Winston will suffer in other ways. At least until his armor drops entirely, currently Winston takes less damage per headshot from Hanzo (and many other enemies) than he will after the mid-season patch. On top of that, Winston will also take more bodyshot damage from Hanzo after the armor changes. Post-patch Winston will only have ~21 hp left after Mercy-boosted Hanzo bodyshots him with a fully-charged primary shot followed by five storm arrows (also body shots). If any one of those is a headshot, Winston will be dead. Add Zen into the mix, and he’s also very dead.

Armor tanks will not enjoy facing Hanzo.

I agree with you but at the same time there wasn’t even time to react to that lol

Yeah Bap could have used lamp but it’s more wise to wait a moment to see if Winston actually needs it, no?

6 Likes