Tank power creep is getting out of hands

That’s how you know a format is just utterly screwed long term. A raid boss isn’t fun to play more often than not? That’s a big issue.

2 Likes

It’s also unfun to play against. The worst of both worlds and for what? So they could claim something was new and fresh for OW2 launch since they scrapped pve.

2 Likes

nah tanks are fine, we need 4v4 though,

it’s going to be so good, imagine this 1-2-1,

it’s very solid, you see, if you just increase the Support’s healing almost twice as much, one person can do the job of 2 people

and the Q times will be even faster

because you see, most supports can only heal one person at a time so it’s balanced, and even those that heal multiple would still have much lesser healing than those with single target healing,

what? then it would be raidboss tank supported by ultrahealer vs raidboss tank supported by ultrahealer? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

it was a very strategic move to make their life easier,

first go from 6v6 to 5v5,

then you just have to rework all tanks,

also you have to accomodate for the lower spread of defense,

also you have to accomodate for the fact that the single stronger tanks can’t be too tanky,

but that’s where the DPS passive comes in,

then you have to accomodate tank’s fun,

because if there’s only one tank it will take all the abuse and cc alone,

but you can’t make the tank too Raidboss or it will be unfair for the weaker characters,

but you can’t make the tank too weak to be unfun for tank players,

but you can’t make the tank too Raidboss or it will be unfair for the weaker characters,

but you can't make the tank too Raidboss or it will be unfair for the weaker characters,

2 Likes

That’s the question of the decade in terms of this game isn’t it? All for what. Tanks aren’t fun to play, their not fun to play against. It’s a joke, but their the only ones who find it funny.

1 Like

I agree. Buffing tanks is not the answer. It just exacerbates their boom or bust existence and makes counterpicking even more necessary.

What personally bothers me most is how it’s pointless to interact with them unless you’ve got your whole team. They just aren’t killable unless everyone dumps all their cooldowns and, in which case, they instantly pop like a pinata. That’s not fun for anyone. And I’m hoping today’s patch doesn’t make that even worse.

1 Like

I keep seeing threads that tanks are too weak, but now we’re saying they’re too strong? The only tank I think is too strong in bronze is Diva, simply because she carries games with top damage and lowest deaths, high mobility and mitigation. And I say this as someone who has played Diva the most this season and she is my highest win rate at 66%. Just my own anecdotal evidence, but she’s quite powerful down here lol.

soon you will need both zen’s discord orb and ana’s nade to even kill a low health tank…