Take out the 50 xp per endorsements

To be honest, sometimes not being a jerk is enough of a reason to give out an endorsement.

I always try to make the endorsement match, though. So I might give shot caller to a sniper who got some amazing picks and enabled us to push onto a point, or good teammate to a healer who was always there to keep me topped off and helped me survive, or sportsmanship to a Doomfist who danced with me while I was Brigitte.

6 Likes

I think the recipient, not donor, of the endorsement should receive XP

10 Likes

but you need like 20k exp to just level and 50 per endorse you like 400 endorsements and then some just to level up its fine, give it a month and people will get bored of it much like they did with the vote for card feature

2 Likes

Why do you even care about endorsements?

They do literally nothing and just act as good boy points like you would get in kindergarten.

tfw the OW community is so bad it has to be treat like kindergarteners for them to behave.

Hilarious.

endorsements are as superficial and useless as facebook likes

it doesnt stop me from being toxic or from being a non team player

1 Like

this is why i suggested this : Who to endorse ? Show them POTG (suggestion) - #7 by sumstratTTV-2931

150 XP per match means you’d have to play 134 matches before you leveled up once, endorsing three people every match.

It’s not enough XP to work as an incentive the longer someone plays.

3 Likes

I agree or greatly reduce the amount. Make it like 10exp.

We already saw people openly admitting on the forums here to giving them to the most toxic people on the team just so they could get the exp.

Again, toxic people always abusing the tools Blizzard offers for personal gain.

2 Likes

While it’s always nice to get an eye roll out of the implication people used to be so much better in the past, if the system is meant to reduce toxicity then yes a reward of some kind would be helpful. If there’s no incentive, then the people who were going to be toxic have no reason to stop.

“If I don’t get xp why should I endorse?”

Is it really so unheard of to show someone you thought they contributed positively to the game… without getting anything for it? :thinking:

2 Likes

How does it battle toxicity, when all you have to do is throw out some endorsements to get 150 XP? You don’t have to be nice at all in-game, it’s not the act of receiving endorsements that give you 150 XP, it’s the act of giving. So you can be a toxic beep as much as you want, you’re still getting your 150 XP at the end of the fight.

So in the end, you don’t have to be nice to get an endorsement, and you don’t have to be nice to get 150 XP. So what’s the point of the system then?

4 Likes

I think they should change it to 50xp per endorsement received.
They dont mean anything rn, because people will just give them out even if every single person in the game is a total a*shole and dont deserve it.

Change it to received 50xp so people who are good, actually get rewarded.

1 Like

I mean, I legitimately don’t use it to endorse people who were toxic or didn’t really play as a team?

Like, I get what you’re saying, but there are those of us who actually use the system the way it’s intended.

Plus, legit, the game hasn’t been this nice since launch. Sooooooooooooo… how about you stop complaining about something that’s actually working?

I know, I’m one of those who use it as intended, and would have without the rewards and XP. But there are a whole lot of people who’re just using it to get their 150 XP, which seriously undermines the endorsement levels.

My whole point here was that the 150 XP should be removed, and people should use the system to give someone a pat on the back for doing a good job, not just as a source for XP.

But… here’s the thing… some people need a carrot on a stick. I’ve seen a massive decrease in toxicity. Like, I’ve only encountered it in maybe 3 of the… I don’t know how many games I’ve played since I’ve come back.

It’s working a lot more of the time than it isn’t.

2 Likes

They may be easy to gain but are even easier to lose it.
Apparently you lose a big chunk of it if you leave a match and all of it if you get suspended.

Also keep in mind its whole point is to keep the toxicity low so it doesn’t really matter as far as ppl bereave.

1 Like

It’s way too early to say if it’s a success or not, it’s something new and exiting. I’ve also seen a lot less toxic players, but that might have to do that I’m only using LFG and never solo queue.

Another thing is, when the endorsement level becomes trivial and meaningless, it’s less of an incentive for people to want it any more. Just like a lot of people don’t care at all about XP and levels.

150 xp isn’t really much, I endorse based on which of my teammates fit the criteria. Also, I don’t disband group after I’ve gotten all my endorsements and make another one to get more endorsements because I can see that happening :angry:

Because in order to get endorsements you at least have to try and act decent. I think the system does need a bit of a rework, and I think that rework should include rewards for the person receiving the endorsement to provide incentive to not be toxic. No one wants to endorse someone who spent the whole match yelling at them